The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Warranty Info

Michael Gain

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
More informational than discussion.

I read a couple of Australian articles this morning. According to them (dated Sept and Oct), Ineos will be offering the Australian market a 5yr/unlimited KM warranty.

I think, like most of you, this is quite appealing. In the past, I have often hit the mileage cap well before the time expiration. Hopefully, this methodology with extend to the NA market.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Someone should take up the "a million km in 5 years" challenge!I'd have a go , but Tassy's too small and I still have to work!

Local time
Reaction score
Its annoying they are offering 5 years in Australia, as they are only offering three years here in the UK. Maybe there will be a cost option to extend to three years, we shall see

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
I found this to be interesting reading - noting the Australia Region variances on Warranty of 5 years unlimited mileage both for Paintwork and Accessories.

Attachments

• Grenadier Warranty.pdf
    123 KB · Views: 11

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think warranty periods have been inconsistently reported, even in Ineos literature, but I have this from their website (although I can't remember when I took the screenshot, or indeed if that page is still there!)

Edit: It's actually from the pdf referenced in the post above!

Screenshot_20221019_133126_com.android.chrome.jpg

And there there was the Greg Clark interview (6 mins in), reported on this thread:

where he makes reference to a 10 year warranty (or 60k miles) on the drivetrain.

Screenshot_20221201_172348_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
North America is not listed, but I would bet it's limited to 60,000 miles over the five years.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think there are some more robust consumer protection laws in Australia than there are elsewhere -- I recall some case a few years ago with Land Rover getting taken to the cleaners because of their quality and warranty. That might be why the 5-year/unlimited is in Australia and not elsewhere.

Here's the link to the lawsuit: https://hwlebsworth.com.au/the-australian-consumer-law-used-to-recover-a-landmark-sum-in-relation-to-a-motor-vehicle/
5yrs unlimited mechanical warranty in the U.K.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The tyre warranty clause is a curious one:

Screenshot_20221201_173312.jpg

I always thought (in UK at least) that the seller could not step away from their responsibility as the seller and just say speak to the manufacturer. Your contract of sale was with them.

I wonder why specifically tyres and not say batteries, seats, or any of the other branded items identified in the vehicle?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The three year/ unlimited mileage warranty on paintwork will be irrelevant to me as mine almost certainly will be covered in dents and scratches. I really don’t like the new look. To start with I’ll be precious over it until the first dent or major scratch, then I’ll lose interest in keeping the pristine look and worrying every time I scrape down a hedgerow. 👍

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The three year/ unlimited mileage warranty on paintwork will be irrelevant to me as mine almost certainly will be covered in dents and scratches. I really don’t like the new look. To start with I’ll be precious over it until the first dent or major scratch, then I’ll lose interest in keeping the pristine look and worrying every time I scrape down a hedgerow. 👍
ditto - nice to have all the same

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To start with I’ll be precious over it until the first dent or major scratch, then I’ll lose interest in keeping the pristine look and worrying every time I scrape down a hedgerow. 👍

Things don't change do they, I can remember the same process as a kid, only it was new football boots then.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
do you know which components are excluded from the warranty because they are defined as wear material?

torque converter, gaskets, batteries, ....

thanks

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Its annoying they are offering 5 years in Australia, as they are only offering three years here in the UK. Maybe there will be a cost option to extend to three years, we shall see
5yrs mechanical warranty that’s covering engine and transmission I presume in the U.K. I’m happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom