The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Vancouver dealer speculation

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Order placed. The pre-order delivery location step suggests the yet-to-be-announced Vancouver dealer has a postal code of V6J 1H7.

vancouver.jpg
So ... assuming
  1. Ineos is actually sharing the dealer's postal code, and
  2. the dealer is, as of 2023-Jun-29, a registered motor dealer in BC,
then we currently have four dealer possibilities according to the Vehicle Sales Authority of BC:
  1. Weissach 1757 West 2nd Ave Vancouver BC V6J 1H7 Canada
  2. Pagani 1711 2nd Ave W Vancouver BC V6J 1H7 Canada
  3. McLaren 1711 2nd Ave W Vancouver BC V6J 1H7 Canada
  4. Pfaff/Lithia Leasing 1711 2nd Ave W Vancouver BC V6J 1H7 Canada
Now nothing says it must be one of those dealers. There could be another, new license to come.

I shudder to think what an oil change might cost at the first three. :ROFLMAO::oops:

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm going to add some possible food for thought. #4 Lithia has dealerships in Seattle, Portland and Boise. All three are listed as IG dealers in PNW. Seattle iand Portland are BMW dealership, boise is a Ford dealer.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting -- Ineos is putting its agent in a location with VERY expensive neighbours. Pagani and MacLaren are just two examples of that neighbourhood, if I recall it's right near Granville Island and it seems to have the highest concentration of supercar shops in the world in that area!

It's also super close to a BMW dealership - 2040 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6J 3H5 - and though the postal code is different, that would make sense (unless that idea of collaborating with BMW dealers due to drivetrain has been put to bed)

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pagani and MacLaren are just two examples of that neighbourhood, if I recall it's right near Granville Island and it seems to have the highest concentration of supercar shops in the world

Ha, yep. That's the neighbourhood.

It's weird because living here you normalize to supercars used as commuting appliances. I'm sure it's a trend in all cities but Vancouver does seem extra crazy.

Kids driving their McLarens to school with "N" New Driver stickers on them ... doesn't even turn my head. (UBC may now stand for University of Beautiful Cars.) Four parked Lamborghinis in a row in the theatre lot? Normal. BUT ... spot a nicely maintained old school Defender ... I'll stop and ogle that for a while! :) :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, the Grenadier is dirt cheap in comparison. Hopefully too cheap for the ubiquitous G-Wagen crowd to start adopting as their new conspicuous douchemobile.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ha, yep. That's the neighbourhood.

It's weird because living here you normalize to supercars used as commuting appliances. I'm sure it's a trend in all cities but Vancouver does seem extra crazy.

Kids driving their McLarens to school with "N" New Driver stickers on them ... doesn't even turn my head. (UBC may now stand for University of Beautiful Cars.) Four parked Lamborghinis in a row in the theatre lot? Normal. BUT ... spot a nicely maintained old school Defender ... I'll stop and ogle that for a while! :) :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, the Grenadier is dirt cheap in comparison. Hopefully too cheap for the ubiquitous G-Wagen crowd to start adopting as their new conspicuous douchemobile.

I’m hoping that crowd does flock to it - I’m hoping to pick up a used Trialmaster with 10k kms on the clock for half off MSRP in a years time when those folks have gotten bored and gone on to the next exciting thing!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
unless that idea of collaborating with BMW dealers due to drivetrain has been put to bed

That was put to bed many many months ago
I'm going to add some possible food for thought. #4 Lithia has dealerships in Seattle, Portland and Boise. All three are listed as IG dealers in PNW. Seattle iand Portland are BMW dealership, boise is a Ford dealer.

For what it's worth, there was a potential dealer from Boise that I rode with at one of the events, I honestly can't remember what group they were with, but it definitely was not Lithia. That isn't to say that the chosen dealer isn't Lithia, but at the time at least, the one that I rode with was the "probable" for the Boise area.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @anand - I couldn’t remember if it was still a “live rumour” or not - that was from back in the day when there were more rumours than facts and I admit I have lost track of which rumours survived!

Local time
Reaction score
Portland is NOT Lithia!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Portland is NOT Lithia!
First no need to shout. Welcome to forum. Here is where I got the info and we now believe it won't be lithia.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802_152029_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802_152029_Chrome.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom