The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA First look and some other info.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
At the event I attended yesterday he said a few things that some might find helpful and are probably covered in the video above. He said there are about 7k US reservations and that they expect to be able to fill them by March '24, with initial US deliveries in late December of this year. Pricing/options information is expected by May. Reservation holders will get an email in groups starting in June to convert the reservations to orders with an additional 2k deposit and that it would still be refundable. He said the dealerships would be stand alone and they expect that there will be one in every area there was a US event.

MaddMatt

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing - couple thoughts:
1) Even more happy that I have a reservation in - I can wait another year, every time I learn something I like it better. Still worried about the safari windows not having shades, but the UK is not Colorado/the southwest, so I can see how they missed that. I had a moment, right before he demonstrates how to take it out, that I hoped he was going to show a retractable sun shade - I'm still getting the windows no matter what, but I've had my bald head sunburned through tinted sunroofs before, I'll just make sure I bring a hat.

2) That guy is a pro. I've been doing product presentations in various industries for nearly 30 years, that guy is what I'm looking for when I hire. No "umms" no sidestepping, just what felt like honest answers and details.

Good video, you can skip the first 5 or 6 minutes if you don't care about some event/racing center they are apparently building in Florida

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also very interesting news they are going to come back to all the US cities that are having these events to test drive a second time on road/pavement in late spring early summer in the United States.(10:12 min mark of video). That’s awesome
That's GREAT to hear, he didn't mention this during our presentation. As capable as this is off-road, I'm sure the majority of my miles with be on pavement. Really hoping that the on-road feel is somewhat better than the Wrangler, although I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near the new Defender for obvious reasons.

wvgbishop

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Having to purchase a Belstaff Edition Grenadier and not being able to start with the base spec model (around 12:40 mark) will most likely preclude me from being able to purchase. Disappointing that they are restricting NA reservation holders to the upper trims. His reasons given:
- That's how cars are usually purchased
- Easier to get through customs
That seems ridiculous. It seems like a cash grab to me.

Last edited:

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Having to purchase a Belstaff Edition Grenadier and not being able to start with the base spec model (around 12:40 mark) will most likely preclude me from being able to purchase. Disappointing that they are restricting NA reservation holders to the upper trims. His reasons given:
- That's how car are usually purchasing
That was my exact thought too. It's bs. If priced right, no big deal, but it wasn't confidence inspiring to hear we would have a few weeks to think about it. I want to hear that we'll be happy with the pricing and make up our minds quickly.

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
That was my exact thought too. It's bs. If priced right, no big deal, but it wasn't confidence inspiring to hear we would have a few weeks to think about it. I want to hear that we'll be happy with the pricing and make up our minds quickly.
To be fair I think we all have our red lines pricewise. So half of that last sentence still holds true. We should be able to make up our minds quickly :unsure: While I'm anxiously awaiting pricing, it's heartening to hear that the timeline messaging seems to have remained constant amongst the various events.

I can understand Ineos's line of thought, though. If market research dictates that a small margin of LHD drivers are going to buy the base model, it may not be worth it to offer it. I've no insight into how much tooling/production line set up/changes are needed amongst the different trims, but at some point it comes down to economy of scale.

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting to take a poll of what trim model we have. I got a base model. I suspect a majority did also, but maybe I'm wrong.
Lies, damn lies, and statistics...:LOL: I'd be interested in how much of the global community of IG reservation/order holders are represented here!

But...just to give @Stu_Barnes something else to do, I'm looking at a triple-locked Trialmaster. Intending for this to be our buy once/cry once vehicle that I don't have to go out and spend thousands of dollars on out of the gate to get suspension, bumpers, winch, etc., etc. up to snuff.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPSIDES
* He said reservation holders should be price protected
* He said they're being shipped to New Jersey 😁 so maybe I'll get mine first.

Major downside - The price situation for non reservation people are left at the mercy of the awfully shiesty American dealer network. He added that once dealers have them, Ineos has no control - so much so he said IA cannot legally tell dealers how much to sell vehicles for. Ultimately I doubt this will work out well for the average consumer.

CB

Reservation Holder
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
We attended the Tampa Florida event yesterday and made several videos which will be posted shortly. Bottom line, I am definitely going to buy one. The vehicle, as far as I am concerned, will do everything I will require it to do and more I am sure. I am very impressed with the build quality and overall design. As you will see in the videos, the drive train and associated components appear extremely robust. The representative made a point of telling us the vehicles we drove, and the one on the elevated platform, were the actual vehicle, which were tested around the world and the odometers were all near or over 100,000 miles. Keep that in mind when you watch the video showing the undercarriage. We were not permitted to film the actual drive but I was very pleased with the performance including the steering, engine noise and performance, suspension, ergonomics and quality of the interior. I am not an authority on overland vehicles, however, I am happy I waited and did not purchase a Bronco, Jeep or Toyota. Below is a link to our video, we tried to give a good view of all the colors and important aspects of the vehicle. View it on YouTube.

View: https://youtu.be/bzJhXfq-21g

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I can understand Ineos's line of thought, though. If market research dictates that a small margin of LHD drivers are going to buy the base model, it may not be worth it to offer it.
I've read on here that IA's real, large target market is commercial/industrial resources (oil & gas, pipeline, mining) so those industry requirements may be driving the configurations offered. Those Industry requirements might not be the case for in my country but this was a "Huge Global Market" reference. Can't speak for the US market but IA will have their reasons.

Last edited:

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I can wait another year,
Likewise. And and think others will also agree. But would our Euro friends, having been in the queue this long ??

If they are going to pull off all the current orders in the pipeline, the new worldwide ones they receive before May/June and the conversions from the USA 7K in 12 months and one day they're gonna have to get cracking. A lot has to go right for that to happen. 🍿

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
- That's how car are usually purchasing
Same guy and same explanation from the DFW event. I really hate this approach and I'm afraid it'll be a deal breaker price wise for me. I emailed IA after the DFW drive and they replied that we should be able to build up from base (non-Belstaff) wagon. Obviously conflicting info, but fingers crossed he's wrong. 🤞🙏

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but he mentioned late Spring, early Summer to test drive road-legal vehicles prior to being asked to put money down. Yet we’re supposed to get pricing in May and order in June…whiiiiich is late Spring/early Summer. So which is it? 😂. Personally I’m not all that worried about it as I’m sure our friends across the oceans will sound off if it’s complete rubbish on the road.

Back
Top Bottom