The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos USA First look and some other info.

Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but he mentioned late Spring, early Summer to test drive road-legal vehicles prior to being asked to put money down. Yet we’re supposed to get pricing in May and order in June…whiiiiich is late Spring/early Summer. So which is it? 😂. Personally I’m not all that worried about it as I’m sure our friends across the oceans will sound off if it’s complete rubbish on the road.
The implication was that we'd get a chance to drive the vehicle on road before down payments would be taken.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but he mentioned late Spring, early Summer to test drive road-legal vehicles prior to being asked to put money down. Yet we’re supposed to get pricing in May and order in June…whiiiiich is late Spring/early Summer. So which is it? 😂. Personally I’m not all that worried about it as I’m sure our friends across the oceans will sound off if it’s complete rubbish on the road.
Why do they always refer to vehicles availability and information release based on seasons in the US?????
What is wrong with quarters or months ?

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
The implication was that we'd get a chance to drive the vehicle on road before down payments would be taken.
I know what the implication was…but he completely contradicted himself. Pricing in May. Orders in June. How are they going to allow for road tests in that time frame? The simple answer is they’re not 🤷🏻‍♂️. As far as I can tell no one overseas was able to road test it, so I really don’t see them making any special effort to ensure we could.

Local time
Reaction score
Why do they always refer to vehicles availability and information release based on seasons in the US?????
Well…seasons are quarterly 😉. And he mentions specific months throughout. May for pricing. June for orders. September production. December through March/April delivery.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well…seasons are quarterly 😉. And he mentions specific months throughout. May for pricing. June for orders. September production. December through March/April delivery.
Plus - it's easier for people in that businesses use the fiscal year and others the calendar - so Q2 is two different times of the year.

Local time
Reaction score
I know what the implication was…but he completely contradicted himself. Pricing in May. Orders in June. How are they going to allow for road tests in that time frame? The simple answer is they’re not 🤷🏻‍♂️. As far as I can tell no one overseas was able to road test it, so I really don’t see them making any special effort to ensure we could.
He didn't contradict himself. He meant test drives in 2024, order June 2027.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Great video. My key take-aways:

- Great presenter, either he's more polished at delivering BS than a brass statue's privates in a busy city square, or he's got a really robust understanding of the vehicle, the plan, and it's capability relative to the industry.
- His statements on it's ability to run the Rubicon Trail without lockers is fascinating; seems like a pretty solid rig.
- There will likely be an Ineos dealer - a stand alone Ineos dealer - in Vancouver, which has me super excited. This is a bit of an assumption on my part that both the US and Canada will follow a similar model, which we often do.
- I'm not that worried about the requirement to choose a trim package because both packages are appealing to me for different reasons, and building my own from base would likely get me within 95% of a package anyway. I recognize that's not the case for everyone but it's not a deal breaker for me.
- The fact that we'll be getting MY24 vehicles is actually super great too, as my hope is that some of the teething problems will be addressed (Probably not all, but some).

Overall I'm pretty impressed by that presentation, and am looking forward to seeing this when they come to Canada. Full steam ahead it seems. Now I have a totally different problem -- with a "real" timeline of June for $$ and December for delivery, I need to make some decisions about the current fleet!

Local time
Reaction score
- His statements on it's ability to run the Rubicon Trail without lockers is fascinating; seems like a pretty solid rig.
Agreed, exciting and worth noting. Glad you pointed that out.

- There will likely be an Ineos dealer - a stand alone Ineos dealer - in Vancouver, which has me super excited. This is a bit of an assumption on my part that both the US and Canada will follow a similar model, which we often do.
I'd be shocked if there wasn't. I'd never have done the reservation on something so new without making that assumption myself (am in Metro Van). There's tons of money in Van. Enough folks who drop 8 Mil on a house, buy it in a minor's name and keep it empty. 100K for a G lookalike is like coffee money.

Glam up the Gren a bit and it will be gold, I tell you .... GOLD in YVR !

Now, for the rest of Canada there is only Toronto so far. Calgary has been dropped for now. Hmmm, that would make me nervous if I lived - or planned to travel much - in the remaining "white area". For a town run-about however, I'm not too worried where I am. Others may feel differently.

There are geographically smaller "white" zones in the USA. An understandable situation of course - and one that will likely improve with time - but I do wonder what the early sales will be outside of those major service centres (in both Can, US) once the enthusiasts have cleared thru.

My guess is Canada will be a slower uptake in the 4,500km between those two Cities I mentioned. A lot slower.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed Painter.

I'm less concerned personally about the big gap between dealers - my intention is to do mechanical work myself, so I don't mind if the dealer is a trek as parts can be shipped next-day in the majority of the country, but I agree with you that it may slow adoption in some areas for sure. I think, though, if they follow through with the goal of selling to fleets at all, there might be more service centres in the high industry places PDQ. That being said, the idea of detouring to Fort Mac from Banff, Jasper, or Drumheller for an oil change and a tire rotation doesn't sound super appealing!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's how we think of and discuss periods of the year in American English. I'm 52 and when I see Q3 or Q2, I have to count the months to figure it out. It's just not the way we commonly operate, with the exception of business, or job-related uses. Just not as common as you'd think for the average person. I just spent the last 20 years thinking of the year in terms of biweekly pay periods. o_O

Reactions: PBD

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
Original reservation holders still don't have contracts (most of us that is). I don't see how the USA can get vehicles shipped by Dec. At this rate though, IA might start shipping to general non reservation dealers and sell before original place holders get theirs... I'll be mad as a cut snake of that happens.

Local time
Reaction score
Original reservation holders still don't have contracts (most of us that is). I don't see how the USA can get vehicles shipped by Dec.
Can be addressed with pricing. The, "does that make sense" fellow alluded to price and reservation holders dropping out more than once, IIRC.

And "December" can slip (as has been shown), what with Holidays etc... becomes "next year". Next year could be Dec 2024.

See how they can pick up 12 months. ;)

But seriously if deliveries are projected to be delayed, I think they should delay NA order taking accordingly.

And agree, the Sanctity of the Queue should be maintained. We're not animals after all - well, not like those other animals ...

Back
Top Bottom