The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Upcoming rugged Grenadier 4x4 features tough ASA polymer from INEOS Styrolution

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
So not just any plastic but...

grenadier-4x4-1-small.jpg
grenadier-4x4-2.png

"INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, has today announced that its ASA[1] polymer Luran® S product has been selected by INEOS Automotive as the material of choice for the front grille of its upcoming Grenadier 4X4.

INEOS Automotive was established to meet demand for a rugged and uncompromising off-roader, designed to conquer the world’s harshest environments. The INEOS Grenadier, which is on track to begin series production in Autumn, is designed to be a capable, durable and reliable working tool, while also offering the comfort, refinement and reliability expected of a modern vehicle.

Luran S is up to the challenge, offering superior UV, heat and chemical resistance. In addition, Luran S provides appropriate impact strength and dimensional stability to make it the best material for the job.

Donna Falconer, Head of Product at INEOS Automotive says: “We have the highest expectations of the materials we use for the Grenadier. Luran S fulfills them all. Not only does it deliver superior performance in the harshest of environments, it also enables a high quality finish and appearance.”

Christophe Ginss, Sales Director Automotive Styrenic Specialties EMEA at INEOS Styrolution comments: “We are very excited to be part of the journey the INEOS Group has embarked on. Like our colleagues at INEOS Automotive, we focus on delivering products with an uncompromising quality.”

[1] ASA: acrylonitrile styrene acrylate"

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Just never breathe this in, nor ingest it :eek:
Mum always told me, if you can't pronounce it or if it's blue, don't eat it or sniff it.

And when I grew up I worked in the maritime sector with VCM (vinyl chloride monomer) and ammonia amongst other lovely substances. My sense of taste never totally came back after that....

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mum always told me, if you can't pronounce it or if it's blue, don't eat it or sniff it.

And when I grew up I worked in the maritime sector with VCM (vinyl chloride monomer) and ammonia amongst other lovely substances. My sense of taste never totally came back after that....
it must've done, you've chosen a Grenadier!!!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If anyone's owned a vehicle long enough to have the dreaded fading of the black plastic parts, then a product that claims to be 10 times better at resisting UV degradation will be a definite bonus.

It seems the product, in one of it's various formulations, is also good for mirrors, sill panels, etc; and there's plenty of opportunity for more vertical integration in the supply chain with other products Ineos has for the automotive market:

Screenshot_20221103_071302.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
The product (ASA-copolymer) is not really new. It was already used for the Panton Chair by Verner Panton around 1967.

Back
Top Bottom