The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Unacceptable build quality issues on delivery?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
I acknowledge that some people, particularly early vehicles, are having some problems.
We seem to be having a lot fewer problems in Australian delivered vehicles and in general the majority of buyers are reporting very positive interactions with Ineos Australia and particularly the local dealers.
As far as I am aware absolutely nobody in the US has placed an actual order yet, received definitive and final prices, or even found out which dealer they will be working with.
The first vehicles you will receive will be MY24 vehicles not MY23 or as some early buyers have MY22 build.
All I can say is don't take on other peoples problems.
Wait until you have your own.

1691374493071.png
1691374655725.png

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
I acknowledge that some people, particularly early vehicles, are having some problems.
We seem to be having a lot fewer problems in Australian delivered vehicles and in general the majority of buyers are reporting very positive interactions with Ineos Australia and particularly the local dealers.
As far as I am aware absolutely nobody in the US has placed an actual order yet, received definitive and final prices, or even found out which dealer they will be working with.
The first vehicles you will receive will be MY24 vehicles not MY23 or as some early buyers have MY22 build.
All I can say is don't take on other peoples problems.
Wait until you have your own.

View attachment 7822550
View attachment 7822551
It seems the later batched vehicles are better in general even from a factory QA standpoint. I was able to see my build run, and there were no call backs for QA withing the IA factory itself. However, the first months vehcile run saw many vehicles go back through the line with as many as 5-6 odd issues for 're-doing'.

Reactions: PBD

Farglebah

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are clearly members with decades of commercial experience over a wide breadth of industry. I for one have been part of factory startups and business implementations With decent complexity. I’m yet to see a post here saying, “I could have done better”.

So let’s turn our frown upside down, there’s no problems just opportunities and the fixes are really enhancements… Of course mine better be flawless when it arrives or I’ll demand to talk to the manager!

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
It seems the later batched vehicles are better in general even from a factory QA standpoint. I was able to see my build run, and there were no call backs for QA withing the IA factory itself. However, the first months vehcile run saw many vehicles go back through the line with as many as 5-6 odd issues for 're-doing'.
Hi Trobex. How did you "see [your] build run"?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think they were March/April builds
According to IG my car build date is 25 January (either start or completion date), VIN 1715 but, then Lyn Calder said last month that Grenadiers bound for Australia were held back pending the correction of various issues (or at least the infamous door handle issue!).

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Lyn Calder said last month that Grenadiers bound for Australia were held back pending the correction of various issues (or at least the infamous door handle issue!).
You have to wonder who's whispering in her ear? The same guy who kept telling Mark Tennant deliveries were imminent?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
According to IG my car build date is 25 January (either start or completion date), VIN 1715 but, then Lyn Calder said last month that Grenadiers bound for Australia were held back pending the correction of various issues (or at least the infamous door handle issue!).
Mine was 9th January but pretty sure it was scrapped or sold to someone else.
Finally went into production 24th May

Reactions: PBD

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My VIN is …..001063 and build date given is 01/2023. Took delivery 28 Jul….666 days after putting down my early hand raiser deposit - so far all going well - no warnings unless I caused them - have found a few minor plastic bits that could fit better - still waiting on a few accessories that were on the original order. Will give an update when I have some more mileage on it.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My VIN is …..001063 and build date given is 01/2023. Took delivery 28 Jul….666 days after putting down my early hand raiser deposit - so far all going well - no warnings unless I caused them - have found a few minor plastic bits that could fit better - still waiting on a few accessories that were on the original order. Will give an update when I have some more mileage on it.
My car is roughly 20 cars after yours and about to set wheels upon Australian soil
This week.
You have to wonder who's whispering in her ear? The same guy who kept telling Mark Tennant deliveries were imminent?
I think it’s fair to say that not everything Lyn says is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Whether or not that is down to her or what her team tells her is impossible to know.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My car is roughly 20 cars after yours and about to set wheels upon Australian soil
This week.

I think it’s fair to say that not everything Lyn says is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Whether or not that is down to her or what her team tells her is impossible to know.
This week.

who knows how it all works, deposit and order made on days they opened, 2nd contract Nov, commence build Jan, vin little under 989, TM and winch, other bits dealer fit, on the dock in Brisbane now... so about 3 weeks away. All good things..... 😀

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
If you have purchased and paid for the vehicle, how can you demand something?
What are you going to do?
Throw yourself on the ground, stamp your feet, hold your breath?
There is (at least in Germany) a legal way to react:
  • Address a notice of defects to the seller and give him the opportunity to "rectify" within a reasonable deadline. Preferably by registered mail.
  • If this does not happen within that time, you can return the product for a refund. A "reasonable" depreciation is to be accepted, but is for an almost new vehicle rather zero.
  • If the defect still exists after the repair, you can "convert" the purchase contract. In Germany, this means that the contract is cancelled and the transaction is reversed: Car back, money back, and done.
Unfortunately, you then no longer have a car, and may wait a year and then pay the new prices.

But that's another topic.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When installing a Wolfbox G900 dash cam, I also removed the cover under the steering wheel for the electrical connection. Here is a bare piece of metal, which was already totally rusted. I sprayed it with silicone spray to keep it from rusting. INEOS urgently needs to change there something.

Attachments

• Dash1.jpeg
    Dash1.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Dash2.jpeg
    Dash2.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 137

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
When installing a Wolfbox G900 dash cam, I also removed the cover under the steering wheel for the electrical connection. Here is a bare piece of metal, which was already totally rusted. I sprayed it with silicone spray to keep it from rusting. INEOS urgently needs to change there something.
Assembling the Grenadier using old Defender parts is taking this homage a bit too far.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Am I interpreting what i think I am seeing correctly?

It looks like the panel has been painted and then someone has come along and sanded it off but left sections:
Dash2.jpg

and is that also corrosion on the aluminium part:
Dash1.jpeg

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know what it is, maybe it is a weld on the other side. So far I haven't had any water in the vehicle. However, the car is nearly always in the garage.
Yes, it is corrosion on the aluminium part.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Could that damage be courtesy of leaking aircon?
There may be a contribution to it if there is that issue, or indeed any other form of water ingress; but because it's visible in quite a few separated patches, it looks more to me like just general surface rust that takes hold in a moist environment over a relatively short period of time. Very familiar to any owner of an old Land Rover or a rotary bladed mower left in the garden shed over winter.

Back
Top Bottom