The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK X-Lock Winch Rope Device Group Buy

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
Idea coutesy of our Australian brethren (@AnD3rew ) .

Looking for interest from UK owners/orderers in the winch extension reducer X-Lock.

I have emailed ASR and asked them for appox. retail costs and shipping for either 10x or 20x X-Lock 20,000lb device. https://www.asroffroad.com/sx-20000h-x-lock-20-000-lb-wll/

They are listed at usd147.99 for the US domestic market. Our costs if they are willing to ship will likely attract duty and vat, and vat on the duty amount! Anyhow, perhaps there's a saving to be had on the economies of scale.

Just looking for hand raisers for now and if there is sufficient interest will investigate more.

Can have them sent to my address for further distribution.

yours aye,

ECrider

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
Idea coutesy of our Australian brethren (@AnD3rew ) .

Looking for interest from UK owners/orderers in the winch extension reducer X-Lock.

I have emailed ASR and asked them for appox. retail costs and shipping for either 10x or 20x X-Lock 20,000lb device. https://www.asroffroad.com/sx-20000h-x-lock-20-000-lb-wll/

They are listed at usd147.99 for the US domestic market. Our costs if they are willing to ship will likely attract duty and vat, and vat on the duty amount! Anyhow, perhaps there's a saving to be had on the economies of scale.

Just looking for hand raisers for now and if there is sufficient interest will investigate more.

Can have them sent to my address for further distribution.

yours aye,

ECrider

We got about a 10% discount on 20, but the big savings was on the bulk shipping vs individual shipments.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am in .

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just Tinki and I in at the moment, anyone else on here in the UK that fancies one?

The shipping costs to the UK are:

qte
A) Medium Flat Rate Box = $69.10 - we can get around (11) X-Locks into one of these boxes.
B) Large Flat Rate Box = $82.35 - we can get around (18) X-Locks into one of these boxes.
unqte

So you are looking at usd147.99 + 6.29 postal from US if we get to 11, or usd147.99 + 4.58 if we get to 18 x-locks.

We'll have to see if there's any taxes on import and these will be obviously at cost and pro-rata, along with 1st class post to UK address.

Exchange rate is what I get charged on date of transaction but will use a cash card with good rates rather than a credit card.

Speak up all those with winches!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
bumping this thread to see if any further interest from the UK owners or owners to be???

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
If you have a winch and intend to be able to use it I highly recommend one of these. The Grenadier winch rope is undeniably short so for a lot of recovery situations you are going to need to use an extension rope. If you haven’t thought about it before, start thinking about how you are going to use that extension rope. If you want to be able to use the full winching length of the winch you will need to extend the winch rope all the way. The chances of your anchor point being exactly the same distance away from the end of your winch rope as the length of your extension are virtually none. So how are you going to shorten that winch rope? You can’t tie knots in it as it weakens the rope and will probably be undoable after a recovery even if it doesn’t break. There are really only a couple of safe options, and the X lock is probably the cheapest and easiest of them. It really should be standard equipment in your recovery bag. It really would be sad to be standing out in the woods stuck in a hole with your winch rope fully extended and your nearest anchor point 10 metres away and you with no way of reaching it, ir standing there with the extension rope in your hands but no way to attach it safely.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What the man above says (y)

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a X-lock owner, I can highly recommend.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last chance UK forumites. Will place order over the weekend.

So far just Tinki, perhaps Logsplitter, and I.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last chance UK forumites. Will place order over the weekend.

So far just Tinki, perhaps Logsplitter, and I.
If its not too late, yes please 👍

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If its not too late, yes please 👍
Not too late Paul. I'll email Brian this afternoon and get the final item and shipping costs for x4.

Duty/Vat/Vat on Duty will all be at cost along with UK shipping. I won't know the customs costs in advance so they will be what they will be.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry only just seen this am interested in costing if not to late.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not too late Paul. I'll email Brian this afternoon and get the final item and shipping costs for x4.

Duty/Vat/Vat on Duty will all be at cost along with UK shipping. I won't know the customs costs in advance so they will be what they will be.
Perfect thanks. Not sure how long they will take to arrive but off on a trip in a month and would be great if they arrive before. Not an issue if not. Cheers Paul

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perfect thanks. Not sure how long they will take to arrive but off on a trip in a month and would be great if they arrive before. Not an issue if not. Cheers Paul
No reply back as yet. Will follow up with them over wend if no response.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not heared any news about group buy so contacted Anne Pence at Safe Extract and she said just to order from website.It has Facility to shop to UK so placed order.Will let you know wen it arrives and costings.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not heared any news about group buy so contacted Anne Pence at Safe Extract and she said just to order from website.It has Facility to shop to UK so placed order.Will let you know wen it arrives and costings.
Sorry Michael not to update. I had already placed an order for 4x X-Locks direct from ASR in the States. I've paid them and just await shipping information. One for me and 3 others for forum members.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Feeling like an outsider now. I never ordered the winch. Even though I have never needed one, kinda wish I had paid the extra.

Back
Top Bottom