The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK member here

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
New UK member and reservation holder, sold my Jeep wrangler and now waiting for the grenadier to roll out! 

Steve

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
How was the Jeep experience in the UK, I'm not sure not he powertrain options but I imagine you got stuffed with a lackluster diesel option?

+1 on the ballsey kudos for selling your vehicle before the Grenadier is even in production.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
To be fair, it was a good overall experience. I made great friends through the jeep community, and went on some brilliant adventures. I had a 2 door JK sahara with the 2.8 vm diesel in it, which to be fair was a good engine, although it often ran on the hot side (primarily due to a bad radiator layout). The biggest issue for me though was the severe lack of payload and towing ability, especially in a 2 door. 

In the new JL, the engine options are worse in my opinion. The 2.0 petrol is a highly strung alfa romeo engine, that sounds terrible and although nice to drive, doesn't inspire the most confidence from a reliability stand point.

And then there was the now discontinued 2.2 fiat van engine. It rattled like hell, was underwhelming to drive, and has a bad reliability record. (Turbo blows and wrecks everything else)

Back
Top Bottom