The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Twitter Hard Way Home

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
On the video all vehicles are BB - IA registered.. This means to Ineos Automotive.. - I was always wondering how this "Hard Way Home" works in "hand over" in relation to car registration.. so their vehicles need to be reregistered then in final country.. - strange enough.. so 2nd owner then?
I expect a vehicle that was never registered at all.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Marketing isn't a logical business.

I guess, they get the cars from Ineos and upon arrival, they get their own cars. Maybe in Hambach - and then drive home. The "hard way". 🙃

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
Honestly, I assumed the vehicles they’ll actually be driving will not be their real vehicles and that upon the end of the trip they’ll take ownership of the vehicle they ordered.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The cars you see in this video are (as most of you probably know) PT (test) models. The one with numberplate BBIA259 is PT02-109, and was shipped to Australia I think.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would guess they will drive their real cars, together with some Prototypes who show them the way. If I had been participating, I would have asked to drive my own car!

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
I would guess they will drive their real cars, together with some Protypes who show them the way. If I had been participating, I would have asked to drive my own car!
If I'd have been participating I would have asked to drive your car as well. Save my from being damaged 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@emax I had the same idea. In Albania the landscape looks quite different and not so many palm tree in the interior of the country. I think Morocco too

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
I think this is part of a carefully orchestrated PR plan including the press embargo etc, culminating early February with customer deliveries, social media blitz, press reports etc
Agreed, all the timing seems good for that (y)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
On the video all vehicles are BB - IA registered.. This means to Ineos Automotive.. - I was always wondering how this "Hard Way Home" works in "hand over" in relation to car registration.. so their vehicles need to be reregistered then in final country.. - strange enough.. so 2nd owner then?
I expect a vehicle that was never registered at all.
This is all old footage from the original competition. None of this is new. As I understand it they will be driving thieir own vehicles but INEOS has undertaken to fix any damage incurred.

Local time
Reaction score
Starting there and heading home would soon have you at the ferry and then it's Spain, France. Now if they were to start a little further south, say Timbuktu.

No way Rose, they wouldn’t be traveling across Mali, Niger, Algeria..although spectacular, way too dangerous, with tricky logistics for the unassuming. The only country that is feasible is Morocco, unless they’re staying in Europe..

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure you're right... just dreaming. Timbuktu was one of those places I used to read about in books all about desert adventure when I was a child.
Me too-:))..quite an elusive destination..another good starting point would be the festival du Niger in Segou..amazing display of Saharan art and music..let’s keep dreaming, maybe one day..

Back
Top Bottom