The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Transfer Box Lever

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
All of our possessions are joint. I certainly drive the cars more often but my wife drives all the cars, including the e-Type and the 4x4. And particularly on road trips, we share driving 50:50. I am also blessed that my wife doesn’t really like drinking alcohol so more often than not she is deso. (Aussie for designated driver)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty sure I already posted this here about a year ago but here we go again
A few years ago a couple of retiree grey nomads were driving across the Nullabor in a motor home and the man pulled over to take a closer look at nature for 3 minutes.
Unfortunately he got caught up in the seat belt and fell out breaking his hip.
His wife didn't know how to drive so he somehow managed to get back in and drive until he had phone reception.
A plane landed on the road to airlift him out and a cop drove the motorhome, and wife, into town.
Think of worst case scenario and double it.
If you're still prepared , go for that drive!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We have a sledge I have it going down she has it going up.
Sharing equally
I like that

many years ago I told my daughters' stupid boyfriend to grab the shovel we were going for a walk into the bush.
He said that if he carried it in, then I would have to carry it out.
I agreed with him.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
When I've had too many, and ill be damned if I'm leaving the Grenadier in the pub carpark overnight
My partner can drive it all the time! Plus yes, the pub.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Yup, according to the book it's still there in one form or another.
Well there's now one on the transfer case, but whether there is a second one on the ZF gearbox is the question.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
I am still confused as to why anyone is planning on letting their wife drive the Grenadier.
I would let my wife drive it. But a realistic view is that she just doesn’t want to…

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been trying out the transfer box and I find it real difficult to change between high and low ratio. Engaging centre diff lock is very easy. Did I read somewhere on here about a long cable connecting transfer box lever to transfer box? I hope it gets easier over time but that’s difficult to engage and I really don’t like the feel of that. I’ve owned a Landrover defender 2.2tdci , hilux and L200 and they were really smooth and easy to engage transfer boxes.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been trying out the transfer box and I find it real difficult to change between high and low ratio. Engaging centre diff lock is very easy. Did I read somewhere on here about a long cable connecting transfer box lever to transfer box? I hope it gets easier over time but that’s difficult to engage and I really don’t like the feel of that. I’ve owned a Landrover defender 2.2tdci , hilux and L200 and they were really smooth and easy to engage transfer boxes.
I’ve got used to moving between high and low and I think it’s a case of muscle memory for me. The sequencing is now second nature but I do notice it automatically engages 2nd gear meaning I have to push the selector left and select 1st.. in low in 1st it’s it feels like it could pull up tree stumps..

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
My wife has a mini and when she goes to the beach she puts the key in a lock box as she has for many years with many cars.
Until I showed her that provided the key is within 1.5-2 metres of the drivers seat you can open the door and start the car .
Happily drive forever with the key in the lock box.
Conversely in my car you need to physically put the key in the ignition and turn it
It is so annoying, time consuming and tiring to put my key in the ignition and turn it but I have learnt to live with it.
On some cars you can tempotarily disable the FOB for this reason (allows you to lock electronic fob and take metal key only to the beach, etc.).

Here is the process in the 200 LC:

1. Press and hold the LOCK button on the key fob.
  2. Then press the UNLOCK button twice.
  3. The LED light will blink multiple times and the radio signals are disabled.
  4. To reactivate the keyless entry system, press any button on the key fob.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got used to moving between high and low and I think it’s a case of muscle memory for me. The sequencing is now second nature but I do notice it automatically engages 2nd gear meaning I have to push the selector left and select 1st.. in low in 1st it’s it feels like it could pull up tree stumps..
It intentionally goes to second because nobody would ever want 1st unless they were climbing steep slopes, towing a very large boat out of a slippery boat ramp or pulling tree stumps out.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It intentionally goes to second because nobody would ever want 1st unless they were climbing steep slopes, towing a very large boat out of a slippery boat ramp or pulling tree stumps out.
Logical.. 1st is super slow….

Back
Top Bottom