The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tracker and OBD location

Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
Good morning
Does anyone know if it comes with a built in Tracker or where the OBD port is for a plug in....and if when a unit is inserted is it concealed?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
If you mean a GPS tracker: I never heard about such an option, and I don't consider a GPS tracker an automotive matter.

If somebody wants such a device it would be easy to build in. It is a very simple DIY exercise, and just a flick of the wrist for auto repair shops.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Agreed a GPS tracker is an easy solve aftermarket. 
I am more curious to know about the OBD port and what Ineos will offer/ open up in terms of end user diagnostics and field fixability. It’d be cool to have a Scangauge that can alert, fix and maybe even bypass certain electronic modules if they fail in field

Local time
Reaction score
Agreed, the nanocom quickly paid for itself with my LR3 and defender, I’d be happy to pay for the same sort of ability with the grenadier

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know where the Fold Down table can be found in the "Configurator"?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
In the Interior Cargo tab under 04 Utility page

cheers
Steve

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1333071451]Anyone know where the Fold Down table can be found in the "Configurator"?[/QUOTE]

By the way Les, you’re entitled to $1,500 of free accessories as an Army Vet, you just need to ask when you’re working with Ineos on your sale contract.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks CJ,
Yes I was aware of that aspect. Now that the Luxury Car Tax has been dropped, I have tried to order my configuration but the Ineos site wont accept my order. Emailed Ineos Customer support two days ago and they stated it was a problem with the software and making adjustments as a result of the LCT no longer applying. Thats been the case now for three days for me. Has anyone else come across this situation?
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1333078645]Thanks CJ,
Yes I was aware of that aspect. Now that the Luxury Car Tax has been dropped, I have tried to order my configuration but the Ineos site wont accept my order. Emailed Ineos Customer support two days ago and they stated it was a problem with the software and making adjustments as a result of the LCT no longer applying. Thats been the case now for three days for me. Has anyone else come across this situation?
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man[/QUOTE]

Yes I did, my issue was that on the payment part it kept on rejecting my card, I ended up borrowing a card from a family member who was with a different bank and it worked. Is that where you’re getting caught up?

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
No CJ,
I dont get to the "make a payment" stage. Ive configured the vehicle and hit the checkout button, then do the "sign in" part and after that, a rejection screen shows up suggesting I go back and hit the Checkout button again. Done that many times and not going anywhere fast round and round in circles. Makes you wonder
Cheers
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1333079063]No CJ,
I dont get to the "make a payment" stage. Ive configured the vehicle and hit the checkout button, then do the "sign in" part and after that, a rejection screen shows up suggesting I go back and hit the Checkout button again. Done that many times and not going anywhere fast round and round in circles. Makes you wonder
Cheers
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man[/QUOTE]Hi Les
That was the issue when the orders first opened...took me about 20 tries!One explanation was it was to do with the interface with the European "head office" and the payment portal (which is in Australia)Dpn't ask me how this IT stuff all works! Maybe try at an hour when the Euro and Australian boffins are both awake?I've noticed various internetty stuff doesn't work out of business hours. btw loving the Tarnished Heroes book that I should've bought back in the day,  but for some reason didn't. Maybe it wasn't in the Hobart bookshop back then?But nowadays the internetty thing delivers ?Cheers, Paul

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1333079063]No CJ,
Cheers
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man[/QUOTE]

I encountered that situation when I hadn’t logged/signed in before using the configurator. Also worth saving the configuration prior to checkout. Early on logging in after using the configurator frequently caused me pain. 

Although I’d ordered previously I tested the configurator to see LCT impact, duties etc yesterday and worked ok.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
OG 
Thanks for that but have still got the same with the following message:SORRY, THERE’S BEEN A SLIGHT HITCHNothing major. Your Grenadier is absolutely fine. We just need to back it up to the configurator for you to hit ‘CHECKOUT’ one more time.

Its all a bit of a worry!Cheers
LES Hiddins

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you need to pay again or is it more to confirm selection. What was unique about your order, did you order the works ?

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=crimson userid=8972094 postid=1333083860]Do you need to pay again or is it more to confirm selection. What was unique about your order, did you order the works
1f642.png
[/QUOTE]

This error happens before the payment section. When you click checkout it saves the configuration to then pass through to checkout. Only after selecting your pickup location and then confirming your order are you taken to the payment gateway.

@Les - most people have had luck with another internet browser called Google Chrome without having these issues. Do you have any techies in the house that could get that set up on your computer?

Would you believe that the company Ineos outsourced their website to got an award for the project over in the UK!

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On another note. I find it well out of order that Ineos don’t have a way to place your order over the phone after doing a manual configuration.

i.e they could give you a PDF to print off and tick boxes on then email in. Then call in and give your payment details after being given a final order cost.

Or get the dealers on board ASAP to start helping customers with this.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Outsourcing their WWW site in the UK probably explains why they are building the Grenadier in the EU
Cheers
Les Hiddins

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Side note Les. You keep turning up on my Youtube recomendations. I remember watching you on TV a long time ago. Officially a legend.
All of Les' contributions are highly recommended. An enormous legacy!
Great that it's all on you tube now, plus his books are readily available.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All of Les' contributions are highly recommended. An enormous legacy!
Great that it's all on you tube now, plus his books are readily available.
Important that we remember none of us were born old and we had a life well lived.
Particularly veterans. This is my father on his last Anzac day. Couldn't walk. Bet he wished he was in a Landrover or a Grenadier. He just saw his great grandchildren waving to him from the crowd.
1660731163310.png

Back
Top Bottom