The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tow Hitch Dimensions

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
I've noted that some people have had issues with other tow hitch tongues not fitting the Grenadier receiver. I have a collection of tongues and was rather surprised that only 3 of the 4 fitted the rear receiver while all fitted the front one. One tongue (hayman reece) was able to partially slide into the rear receiver indicating that the receiver tapers ever so slightly inward.

Getting out the calipers I found that grenadier rear receiver is 51.45mm square and the front one 52mm. This compares to 52.5mm for my Discovery 2, a Kaymar rear bumper tow hitch and my son’s Subaru XV. The Grenadier tongue is 50.4mm square, while those that didn't fit were >51.5mm. Interestingly the Genuine Landrover and Hayman Reece tongues were not square.

I'm not sure if its a manufacturing tolerance issue on Ineos's part but have forwarded my findings to the Dealer who is passing them on to Ineos.

At the end of the day i needed to get another tongue with less offset so my camper trailer sits roughly level, but I made sure that it fitted before I paid.

Cheers Steve

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom