The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Thumbs Down Now Available

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
We have a thumbs down icon now to express your disapproval of a post.

Why?

Well everything isn't unicorns and rainbows, and sometimes we feel the need to express our disapproval politely, and mainly it will help me keep the moderating hand as light as possible.

Feel free to dislike at will.

Ah, also your reaction score will take a 1 point hit as well, for those that are into that sort of thing.

Stu.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score

Why?

Well everything isn't unicorns and rainbows, and sometimes we feel the need to express our disapproval politely, and mainly it will help me keep the moderating hand as light as possible.

Ah, also your reaction score will take a 1 point hit as well, for those that are into that sort of thing.

Stu.
So a thumbs down means will dislike the content of the post? Ie you’ve said something jerky or rude; as opposed to a thumbs down to a post about my truck breaking down Because someone is equally upset?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score

Why?

Stu.
Well I just tried to send you a thumbs down for a laugh In response to your post but I cant see the thumbs down 👍🏼

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So a thumbs down means will dislike the content of the post? Ie you’ve said something jerky or rude; as opposed to a thumbs down to a post about my truck breaking down Because someone is equally upset?
Yes, jerky rude or even priggish behavior gets a big thumbs down as the community dictates.

The reaction score that I'm sure nobody cares about is calculated from this table.
Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 1.57.45 PM.png

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score

Why?

Stu.

Great, I'm going to use it extensively on the 'ASPW wants a Grenadier' thread as I think it's just turned nasty and should have been locked weeks ago

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Not sure this mechanism will work, but would be great to have people concentrating on the topic of each thread.
I been asking few questions lately and 80% of the responses have nothing to do with the question.
So one is flipping through pages of useless comments about weather, food and grandma's favourite vacation spots to find the 2-3 responses that are relevant.

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure this mechanism will work, but would be great to have people concentrating on the topic of each thread.
I been asking few questions lately and 80% of the responses have nothing to do with the question.
So one is flipping through pages of useless comments about weather, food and grandma's favourite vacation spots to find the 2-3 responses that are relevant.
I sadly agree, hopefully things will turn up a gear when vehicles are delivered. If not then the moderation dial will have to be turned up a little and that quite frankly is a pain.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Sooo, what if you get so many thumbs-down that your reaction score goes into negative? Do you get booted from the forum?

Asking for a friend.
Not sure if you can go negative. I’m sure someone will try and see for the sake of the community.

Nope, no booting apart from persistent unsolicited spam. The scam artists have found us unfortunately and we’re beating back a dozen or so a day attempts to join. There have been a few slip through the net but we’re doing pretty well overall.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if you can go negative. I’m sure someone will try and see for the sake of the community.

Nope, no booting apart from persistent unsolicited spam. The scam artists have found us unfortunately and we’re beating back a dozen or so a day attempts to join. There have been a few slip through the net but we’re doing pretty well overall.
You may have to go the way of most forums and appoint a team of moderators to help out Stu. This has to be a time burden for you mate and we’re all appreciative of what you’ve set up here.

Back
Top Bottom