The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Theft Prevention

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
I had one of these (ignition kill and hood lock) in my first Jeep:

The Jeep was a ragtop CJ-7, with rag doors that could not be locked, so anyone could just climb right in. Some idiot slashed the rear window to access the back of the Jeep - instead of just using the door, which would have been a whole lot easier - but he didn't get anything because it was all in a steel box bolted down to the floor. The vehicle was never stolen, and nor was the battery, so I just sort of assume the installed hood lock and ignition kill switch worked. Does anyone know if these types of devices are actually any good?

Note: the installation guide is FREE!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
The factory stuff is very good on almost all vehicles these days, that’s why most are stolen with keys.

The ghost immobilisers and the mechanical kill switches are popular because it doesn’t matter if you have the keys, you have to have specific knowledge of that vehicle Or your going nowhere unless you happen to have a low loader handy.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The standard alarm system it comes with seems pretty comprehensive. At least on the Fieldmaster version and if you select the Smooth Pack on the Trialmaster and base models

Isn't the Smooth Pack standard for the Trialmaster versions?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it is standard.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that grenadiers are among us , any more thoughts on this subject ? I am no expert in this field would appreciate the hive mind’s opinions .

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just bearing in mind that we no longer have a Thatcham category 1 designated alarm. 😔

View attachment 7809989
But do we know how good the Ineos one is? All we know it hasn't been through a Thatcham compliance certification. Is this a failure of the alarm or an administrative cock up that seems to be the trait of IA

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
But do we know how good the Ineos one is? All we know it hasn't been through a Thatcham compliance certification. Is this a failure of the alarm or an administrative cock up that seems to be the trait of IA
No such thing as Thatcham in Australia so more interested in details of what is fitted

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did we ever get to the bottom of what the difference between standard and advanced alarm system was. The description in the configurator is a bit vague.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No such thing as Thatcham in Australia so more interested in details of what is fitted
I think there are 3 fundamental questions that will put an end to the issue of fit for purpose

a) who manufactures the alarm and immobiliser for the Grenadier
b) is that make and model of alarm used in any other marque of car, and
c) when and if used in another marque of car does it have a Thatcham compliance certification

if the identical model of alarm gets to c) then I'm going to be re-assured over its effectiveness.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did we ever get to the bottom of what the difference between standard and advanced alarm system was. The description in the configurator is a bit vague.
The 'advanced' version possibly adds perimeter protection (to be defined); a switch to detect movement (e.g loading on a 'dolly' to remove on a tray back; or jacking up to steal the wheels / catalytic converter/diesel particulate filter etc🤬) sensor to detect breaking glass... just my speculation😉

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still a fan of hiding TWO Apple Airtags in the vehicle. The thief will probably find the first one pretty quickly then may not expect a second. Not really a substitute for a full paid tracking service, but cheap insurance.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
But Apples are sooo smart.

Won't it say "there are two Airtags near you" ? :unsure:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
But Apples are sooo smart.

Won't it say "there are two Airtags near you" ? :unsure:
They will for sure to protect you from beeing illegally tracked…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Standard:
Screenshot_20220519_211339.jpg
Advanced:
Screenshot_20220519_211320.jpg
So siren & tilt sensor, plus Thatcham category 1 certified.

Reactions: PBD

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst you can’t beat the visual deterrent, like a vicious snarling “stop oil” protester sat in your vehicle full time, I have been giving some thought to add on immobilisers. Either the secret kill engine switch or a more professional al fob style. At work they have a little box in the vehicles and the cars won’t start unless you wave a credit card across the box.

Simple things but enough to frustrate most car thieves for long enough for the to get nervous and clear off.

I will also be fitting a streetwize tracker (basic but works) and an AirTag. Just so I can see where it is, if someone does borrow it.

Back
Top Bottom