The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The no options option (or very limited options)

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
Mrs and I went through the configurator this AM and, a bit surprised, I came to the conclusion we could order the SW without any options (!)

I wouldn't, we'd probably go safari windows, tow receiver and maybe-maybe not lockers. But that could be it. Floor mats, seat covers etc we could add later. Not sure about cargo floor strips (?)

Disclosure: this would be a decretionary "like to have" buy. Application would be "a car" for around town mostly (at this time). Would likely keep forever, if we could affort the upkeep/running costs. So we are not going through the common cross shopping against comparable models.

Anyone else seriously consider basically a base model purchase ?

Local time
Reaction score
I've been playing around with a base model as well. Not sure if I'll end up going that way, but it's definitely not a bad option. My thing is, if I'm spending $7xk on a "toy" purchase, or a daily, or whatever you want to call it, is another 5k for options the end of the world? If the delta for the options puts this in a "break" category for people, I'm wondering if it's the right purchase seeing as how it's unproven/etc.
The only comment I have is that I think the lockers might be a good option for resale. If you do end up needing to sell it, and the off road community really picks it up, not having the factory lockers could be a big negative.

Local time
Reaction score
Mrs and I went through the configurator this AM and, a bit surprised, I came to the conclusion we could order the SW without any options (!)

I wouldn't, we'd probably go safari windows, tow receiver and maybe-maybe not lockers. But that could be it. Floor mats, seat covers etc we could add later. Not sure about cargo floor strips (?)

Disclosure: this would be a decretionary "like to have" buy. Application would be "a car" for around town mostly (at this time). Would likely keep forever, if we could affort the upkeep/running costs. So we are not going through the common cross shopping against comparable models.

Hey Painter,
I have also considered the basic model with only the ladder and safari windows to bring the price down and avoid the luxury tax. At the end of the day I don't think I would be happy with it. Perhaps I might think differently if I was able to see one in person or make it to one of the driving events. I think I'm going to tap out after 2 years of wanting one of these. It's just to much money for a utility vehicle. It seems to be in the price bracket for the posers that want something cool to unload their golf clubs at the country club. I wanted it for my real world outdoor adventures. Well there are other options not so cool that will leave me with an extra 50K in my pocket. :)

Local time
Reaction score
The only comment I have is that I think the lockers might be a good option for resale. If you do end up needing to sell it, and the off road community really picks it up, not having the factory lockers could be a big negative.
Tend to agree on this. A younger me could see where I might use them, but the current me, not so much. I do wonder how many folks will really have a need for them. But the price is pretty reasonable.

And I can see a 'wheeler next time eschewing a Fieldmaster type spec over a base with lockers.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey Painter,
I have also considered the basic model with only the ladder and safari windows to bring the price down and avoid the luxury tax. At the end of the day I don't think I would be happy with it. Perhaps I might think differently if I was able to see one in person or make it to one of the driving events. I think I'm going to tap out after 2 years of wanting one of these. It's just to much money for a utility vehicle. It seems to be in the price bracket for the posers that want something cool to unload their golf clubs at the country club. I wanted it for my real world outdoor adventures. Well there are other options not so cool that will leave me with an extra 50K in my pocket. :)
I hear that. Just need a solid "no" from my wife and I'm done.

She's been looking at real estate again so ... gonna need that extra 50 :sneaky:

Hope you find your right vehicle and keep on rollin' :cool:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score

My 2c: Grenadier is very capable and featured in base configuration.

I think your reasoning is sound.

Second-guessing what people might want on re-sale is just mind-games which will result in purchase of non-essential options. Get what you want, and have faith that others, one day, will also want what you once wanted.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score

I did a base config but added the heated seats, rough pack and floor mats.
The rest I could probably add later on.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
But any color other than white is an upcharge. I wouldn't buy a white car, too common. Black either.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
White is an easy way to save a few hundred bucks and when I saw the trucks in the flesh, the white looked much nicer than in photos. The white really makes the black trim/accents pop (and it also reminded me of the NAS 110s).

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
White is an easy way to save a few hundred bucks and when I saw the trucks in the flesh, the white looked much nicer than in photos. The white really makes the black trim/accents pop (and it also reminded me of the NAS 110s).
Totally agree, seeing the Scottish White in person completely changed my opinion of it (for the better)

Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
A few hundred bucks on an $80k purchase is a rounding error. Might as well get the color you want lol

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
Money is counted in numbers not in percentage!
So your approach is interesting and intelligent!

Back
Top Bottom