The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The no options option (or very limited options)

Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
Mrs and I went through the configurator this AM and, a bit surprised, I came to the conclusion we could order the SW without any options (!)

I wouldn't, we'd probably go safari windows, tow receiver and maybe-maybe not lockers. But that could be it. Floor mats, seat covers etc we could add later. Not sure about cargo floor strips (?)

Disclosure: this would be a decretionary "like to have" buy. Application would be "a car" for around town mostly (at this time). Would likely keep forever, if we could affort the upkeep/running costs. So we are not going through the common cross shopping against comparable models.

Anyone else seriously consider basically a base model purchase ?

Local time
Reaction score
I've been playing around with a base model as well. Not sure if I'll end up going that way, but it's definitely not a bad option. My thing is, if I'm spending $7xk on a "toy" purchase, or a daily, or whatever you want to call it, is another 5k for options the end of the world? If the delta for the options puts this in a "break" category for people, I'm wondering if it's the right purchase seeing as how it's unproven/etc.
The only comment I have is that I think the lockers might be a good option for resale. If you do end up needing to sell it, and the off road community really picks it up, not having the factory lockers could be a big negative.

Local time
Reaction score
Mrs and I went through the configurator this AM and, a bit surprised, I came to the conclusion we could order the SW without any options (!)

I wouldn't, we'd probably go safari windows, tow receiver and maybe-maybe not lockers. But that could be it. Floor mats, seat covers etc we could add later. Not sure about cargo floor strips (?)

Disclosure: this would be a decretionary "like to have" buy. Application would be "a car" for around town mostly (at this time). Would likely keep forever, if we could affort the upkeep/running costs. So we are not going through the common cross shopping against comparable models.

Hey Painter,
I have also considered the basic model with only the ladder and safari windows to bring the price down and avoid the luxury tax. At the end of the day I don't think I would be happy with it. Perhaps I might think differently if I was able to see one in person or make it to one of the driving events. I think I'm going to tap out after 2 years of wanting one of these. It's just to much money for a utility vehicle. It seems to be in the price bracket for the posers that want something cool to unload their golf clubs at the country club. I wanted it for my real world outdoor adventures. Well there are other options not so cool that will leave me with an extra 50K in my pocket. :)

Local time
Reaction score
The only comment I have is that I think the lockers might be a good option for resale. If you do end up needing to sell it, and the off road community really picks it up, not having the factory lockers could be a big negative.
Tend to agree on this. A younger me could see where I might use them, but the current me, not so much. I do wonder how many folks will really have a need for them. But the price is pretty reasonable.

And I can see a 'wheeler next time eschewing a Fieldmaster type spec over a base with lockers.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey Painter,
I have also considered the basic model with only the ladder and safari windows to bring the price down and avoid the luxury tax. At the end of the day I don't think I would be happy with it. Perhaps I might think differently if I was able to see one in person or make it to one of the driving events. I think I'm going to tap out after 2 years of wanting one of these. It's just to much money for a utility vehicle. It seems to be in the price bracket for the posers that want something cool to unload their golf clubs at the country club. I wanted it for my real world outdoor adventures. Well there are other options not so cool that will leave me with an extra 50K in my pocket. :)
I hear that. Just need a solid "no" from my wife and I'm done.

She's been looking at real estate again so ... gonna need that extra 50 :sneaky:

Hope you find your right vehicle and keep on rollin' :cool:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score

My 2c: Grenadier is very capable and featured in base configuration.

I think your reasoning is sound.

Second-guessing what people might want on re-sale is just mind-games which will result in purchase of non-essential options. Get what you want, and have faith that others, one day, will also want what you once wanted.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score

I did a base config but added the heated seats, rough pack and floor mats.
The rest I could probably add later on.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
But any color other than white is an upcharge. I wouldn't buy a white car, too common. Black either.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
White is an easy way to save a few hundred bucks and when I saw the trucks in the flesh, the white looked much nicer than in photos. The white really makes the black trim/accents pop (and it also reminded me of the NAS 110s).

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
White is an easy way to save a few hundred bucks and when I saw the trucks in the flesh, the white looked much nicer than in photos. The white really makes the black trim/accents pop (and it also reminded me of the NAS 110s).
Totally agree, seeing the Scottish White in person completely changed my opinion of it (for the better)

Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
A few hundred bucks on an $80k purchase is a rounding error. Might as well get the color you want lol

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Money is counted in numbers not in percentage!
So your approach is interesting and intelligent!

Back
Top Bottom