The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Grenadier philosophy...

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Recently I met a guy on the range.. he is "just" a sportshooter and seemed rather ordinary in transportation - I would have put him in the "Camry" sort of people. He was in the group of people doing a bit small talk I mentioned Ineos Automotive, and was a moment stunned. He said "yes the Grenadier.. nowadays a -must have- vehicle it seems".
What he did not mention is the reason why "must have"..
Klarie - in the Australia Toyota 4WD's have a very very strong cultural hold

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
No doubt . Toyota has quite some reputation in that topic.
In Germany however Toyota was first in some advertising with monkeys .. screaming Tooyooota.
Tried to find these in YT - not there perhaps banned.
Toyota currently keeps a very low profile in topic of 4WD but promoting hybrid and sponsoring so called environmentally friendly organisations such as DUH (Deutsche Umwelthilfe / German Environment Protection Aid) a dubious club of lawyers that sue companies and present letters of dissuasion with penalty fees charged.
About its activities and selling Diesel powered vehicles and vehicles like HiLux - they re definitely not in Toyota advertising.
The pickup is nicked Taliban Tank.. and customers purchasing one must sign an agreement to ensure the vehicle stays in Germany.
Toyotas are reliable and the 4WD are mature and rugged. No doubt. But the political behaviour is split tongued.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. I have a number of mates with Toyotas (as I do) who think my move to a Grenadier is “brave”. And sometimes, particularly after I’ve spent a bit of time here, agree with them.
This is a much easier purchase for ex JLR owners than ex Toyota owners I can guarantee you.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. I have a number of mates with Toyotas (as I do) who think my move to a Grenadier is “brave”. And sometimes, particularly after I’ve spent a bit of time here, agree with them.
This is a much easier purchase for ex JLR owners than ex Toyota owners I can guarantee you.
I'm just looking forward to the fortune that favours the brave.
The world rests on the shoulders of enthusiasts!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
This is a "grey man" car - so if you want to become invisible - this is the right vehicle. Noone would turn the head and look after it - or remember.
I have owned a grey man car. It was an amazing vehicle and otherworldly sensation to drive through the worst (as in not likely safe) urban areas and have not a single pair of eyes shift our way. This car did have character though, just not apparent to everyone. It was a straight six, 1977 Chevy 4dr Nova in bathroom green, three on the tree and no radio. I purchased it in 1993 with 49k miles because it was $700 and the seller said no one was interested in her grandpa’s car because it was manual.

So yes, I’m with you lot, and patiently waiting for my Grenadier.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
But green is not beige , in the overall scheme of interesting and noticeable colours 😉
Unless you are colour blind , that is.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
He could be a great one in just 5 years. Now there's a thought!
When I was 15 the girl across the road had a baby and my father put me on a train out of town.
Some years later when that child was a teenager and I was visiting my parents my wife told me to not stand next to the child as we looked very similar.
Who knows?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
I agree that there really is something special about these cars. A week ago, after reading so many negative comments about teething problems, I was concerned, but after seeing a few around, seeing the possibilities of building something fitted to individual aspirations, I'm excited again, almost like a damascene conversion (no, not a new option offered by Le Tech).

Back
Top Bottom