The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Falkland Islands

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
So if it's true that:

"Our capital city Stanley has the highest number of Land Rovers per capita than anywhere else in the world,' Falkland resident Georgina Strange is telling us before we go off to explore her small hometown. And she's right, it's instantly clear Landies are rife! "

Which UK dealer is going to be picking up the" franchise"?

FVO4kRQWAAEV6Wx.jpeg
FgOdC1BXgAIfeYZ.jpeg

Reactions: PBD

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Steve at Halliwell will do it.

They can all have a free coffee when they pick up their new vehicles from his new showroom 😆

Would have thought rust out in the Falklands would have been quite a big problem.

Iassume most of the vehicles there are ex military

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Steve at Halliwell will do it.

They can all have a free coffee when they pick up their new vehicles from his new showroom 😆
I think they will be ticking the home delivery option?

Would have thought rust out in the Falklands would have been quite a big problem.
Home brewed lanolin 👍

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So if it's true that:

"Our capital city Stanley has the highest number of Land Rovers per capita than anywhere else in the world,' Falkland resident Georgina Strange is telling us before we go off to explore her small hometown. And she's right, it's instantly clear Landies are rife! "

Which UK dealer is going to be picking up the" franchise"?

View attachment 7795347
View attachment 7795346
As someone who served in the Falkland Islands in 82 and returned for a pilgrimage in 2009: I was amazed at the amount of Land Rovers over there. As much as I love my Defender, when travelling offroad in a Land Cruiser belonging to one of your local townsmen (Jimmy Moffatt) I was astounded as to how smoothly the Land Cruiser handled the rough stuff. Hoping my new Grenadier will be as smooth and reliable as the Land Cruiser.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I'm very keen to compare and contrast the two different suspension setups.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
As someone who served in the Falkland Islands in 82 and returned for a pilgrimage in 2009: I was amazed at the amount of Land Rovers over there. As much as I love my Defender, when travelling offroad in a Land Cruiser belonging to one of your local townsmen (Jimmy Moffatt) I was astounded as to how smoothly the Land Cruiser handled the rough stuff. Hoping my new Grenadier will be as smooth and reliable as the Land Cruiser.
I'm reading the new book "Last Overland" , the Singapore>London journey of the "Oxford" S1 retrieved from Ascension Island as a pile of bits a few years ago.
It has been restored and done a lot of miles since.
In the book they say there are large numbers of old Landies throughout Asia as the British imported them for transport/farms/military etc - and when the Empire folded , they were just left there.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm reading the new book "Last Overland" , the Singapore>London journey of the "Oxford" S1 retrieved from Ascension Island as a pile of bits a few years ago.
It has been restored and done a lot of miles since.
In the book they say there are large numbers of old Landies throughout Asia as the British imported them for transport/farms/military etc - and when the Empire folded , they were just left there.
Tim Slessor is the father of one of my old neighbours. A very pleasant chap - good sailor as well, single handing his Rustler 36 well into his 80's

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
Tim Slessor is the father of one of my old neighbours. A very pleasant chap - good sailor as well, single handing his Rustler 36 well into his 80's
You may know he was going to do the trip (aged 87), but the night before the departure in Singapore he became seriously ill and was hospitalised. Luckily he recovered but it was his grandson Nat who stepped in at the last moment and became a reluctant member of the heroic trip.
There is a 4 part doco on the journey in the UK but I can't access it here in Tasmania.

Back
Top Bottom