The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The car has to go :’(

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
There’s always a lot of negative commentary on every car forum and this one’s no different. I put my deposit down years ago and took delivery 6 months back after a far longer wait than I had expected. I almost cancelled the order and gave up.

I now have a Fieldmaster as well as a Porsche Taycan GTS (12 months wait).

Very different cars for very different reasons.

One really is more fun than the other, turns heads more often, is more practical and I’ve had less issues with it (although both have been good one has had the occasional electrical gremlin that a quick reboot has easily fixed). One drives well, looks amazing, and keeps a smile on my face.

I can’t keep both though as I don’t often drive one of them and the drive is full- so sadly one is going next week and it’s the Grenadier I’m keeping.
I just like it more.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
😂

Yes you had me there, I thought you was going to list a load of stuff and say the Grenny doesn’t match up to the Porsche and it’s going.

Two different vehicles and I would miss both of them if one had to go.

Glad to hear you made the right choice 👌 👍 😃

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
There’s always a lot of negative commentary on every car forum and this one’s no different. I put my deposit down years ago and took delivery 6 months back after a far longer wait than I had expected. I almost cancelled the order and gave up.

One really is more fun than the other, turns heads more often, is more practical and I’ve had less issues with it (although both have been good one has had the occasional electrical gremlin that a quick reboot has easily fixed). One drives well, looks amazing, and keeps a smile on my face.

I can’t keep both though as I don’t often drive one of them and the drive is full- so sadly one is going next week and it’s the Grenadier I’m keeping.
I just like it more.
Very well written. You had plenty of us on the wrong track until the very end. 😁

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score

I just like it more.
A wonderful read and not verbose like me. DaBull

Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier is one of those vehicles that's more than the sum of its parts.

Other 4x4's may be "better" but given the choice you'd take the Grenadier. A lot like an old Defender in many ways.

l've got a friend with a three year old Range Rover, and a slightly dog eared 2003 Defender 90 Hard Top. Guess which vehicle gets the most use.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score

I just like it more.
And in the USA I've seen some Tacan turbos come off lease for sale around the same price as a fully optioned Grenadier.......

But, well done on making the right decision for you Sean and I've updated your banner to show you're an owner. A reminder for everyone, if you don't select this in your account preferences then I can't see who is an owner and it makes keeping track an absolute bear... :)

Back
Top Bottom