The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tesla Cybertruck

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Tesla is having a presentation in Austin this afternoon at 2:00 central about the Cybertruck design changes, delivery updates, etc. I recently cancelled my reservation for several reasons (including being 100% committed to Grenadier, and I am now within a couple of weeks from delivery with Mossy in Houston). There is a lot to like about the Cybertruck, but I don’t think it will ever be a great overland vehicle. As more comes out I think there will be significant range reductions when towing, and other constraints for how I plan to use my vehicle. And maybe I am too thin skinned, but I don’t want to do business with a guy who is a conspiracy theorist and supports anti semitec comments.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
My gut reaction to just the subject line of the thread is 🤣

As to your post, I have trouble believing that at this point in time any BEV will be good for over landing. Even if you could recharge in the middle of nowhere, the weight penalty to range is pretty harsh and compounded with towing.

Plus, it’s fugly as hell and I have trouble believing that bed will be useful for most chores.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
To be honest, the only attraction to the Cyber Truck was it's supposed resistance to small arms fire.
Apart from some not that frequent incidents, most Europeans don't need protection from weapons, therefore this would not be a selling argument.

I am not saying there are no weapon incidents in my country or other countries around, but that most people don't see this as a real threat.

I never heard any European interested in the Cyber truck! Ugly indeed!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From my perspective, there is nothing to like about the Cyber Truck. Its a joke and I will point and laugh at every one I see.

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
The bullets used in Tesla's "bulletproof" tests are .45 acp which wouldn't penetrate a normal car door anyway.

edited, mean .45 not .50

Last edited:

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wanted to like the CT. Was sure it would get some design refinement… Saw one driving in Denver a couple of weeks ago and gotta say… HIDEOUS. Looks like it has the lines of a poorly put together refrigerator. Just awful, in my humble opinion. Grenadier however, panty melter.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
Not interested... add a 2.5T payload and the Cyber (and others) will be in need of a full charge at 350kms... not gonna happen very well in Oz.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
In my world marketing people who use totally implausible scenarios in advertising would be shot. I mean, are we really going to see steelworkers carting bar stock around the plant in their Cybertruck? And I'm sure everyone will be towing their space rocket engines around with them...

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Electric Jesus says "this will really change the look of the road... in a parking lot one of them does not look like the other". WTF?!? But they are all identical! Now I know he meant that the CT does not look like any other vehicle but this must surely be the absolute opposite of the Grenadier in particular the fact that no two Grenadiers look exactly the same. One thing that is plainly obvious in the 11 months the Grenadier has been out in the world is owners just can't help themselves from modifying and personalising them. Am I the only one that sees this as a bizarre exercise in voluntary conformity by someone who seems to personify non-conformity?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The saying "there's nothing as amusing as someone's vision of the future" holds true in this case.
I wonder if he drew that vehicle in prmary school?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
To be honest, the only attraction to the Cyber Truck was it's supposed resistance to small arms fire.
After looking American movies for decades now I am sure that a normal cars door gives shelter from nearly every calibre the bad guys use.
It might be different if is the good guy shooting.
Anyway we all are the good guys here. So we are safe in every car!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom