The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Support needed for Operating Theatre Staff Walk Monday 29th May 2023

Tony H

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
I am hoping to have my IG delivered to help support my work colleagues, who, on Bank Holiday Monday 29th May 2023 are going to try to complete the Yorkshire 3 Peaks walk here in the UK.
About 24 Nurses & Operating Department Practitioners from the Emergency Theatres at the Norfolk &Norwich University Hospital Foundation Trust from the UK will be "Walking & Talking" in support of Organ Donation & (if we collect any money) donating to various charities relating to Organ Donation via our hospital.

As an Emergency Theatre Team, we are involved with many harrowing procedures, Organ Donation being just one type of operation, which in this particular case, many of our team find it both physically & emotionally draining, hence our team building walk & support of approximately 24 staff. BUT as we don't really see the benefits of our work & all those recipients of organ donation that now have a better quality of life.

This is where I need support from you the INEOS Grenadier community.

I would like you to come & support the NNUH team, especially if you have received your INEOS Grenadier. BUT I would also like you to reach out to your local community for people that have been a recipient of the NHS organ donation program, & to invite them along to (& bring them along in your IG if you can) so that they can meet the Nurses & Operating Department Practitioners & then be able to tell their story to the team all along the route.

This will help show the Emergency Theatre Team that the work the Theatre Staff do does help with the quality of life of so many of our patients from the NHS. It is also will be a good for IG owners to meet, maybe spend some of the day helping me rescue a few of the nurses off the Yorkshire Hills :) (It is a National Park so please stick to where 4X4 can legally go & respect the walkers, Thanks)

As the IG community grows, I am hoping to make this an annual event such as theatre staff walking Cycling & other outside activities bringing teams from other hospitals to meet patients who have in the past needed our Emergency Theatres Services such as Major Trauma, Obstetric Emergency Caesarean Sections,.
Most importantly our IG community to help support us & events by bringing post recovered patients to a location with perhaps helping with support & enjoyment of the 4X4 road around the area.

I will post more details as we organise the finer details of this event.

Thank you, the great IG Community, for reading this

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Which model of the Grenadier will you get?

Last edited:

Tony H

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ordered Black Trailmaster with a few additional options. Sales Partner Bussey's in Attleborough, Norfolk UK (Simon & Steve) giving excellent support with an estimated build month of March 2023.
Hence looking to the IG community to help support this event on the 29th May 2023 just in case there is another slip of date & mine does not turn up in time.

Fingers crossed

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Thank you and good luck!

And as it's a charity thing, I'd ask Ineos / your agent for some support. Asking is for free.

Tony H

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The worlds first ever IG Owners meet-up is going ahead on Monday Bank Holiday (in the UK) 29th May 2023 at the Ribblehead Viaduct Yorkshire 11:00 for all IG Owners, potential Owners & enthusiasts. Meet new friends & also support the Emergency Theatre Nurses completing the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Walk (TheWalkDay2023).
Supported by UK Sales Partners, Busseys of Attleborough Norfolk & Denton Cars of Skipton few free giveaways & event stickers.

A chance to discuss how we can develop an active community here in the UK & to develop support for charities in the future.

All welcome

Attachments

• da2c85c6-5fa2-48e4-9094-9b728aa9a854_custom_172x172.png
    da2c85c6-5fa2-48e4-9094-9b728aa9a854_custom_172x172.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 9

Tony H

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations Busseys. Hoping soon to be a happy customer starting an adventure soon.
Also, thank you for supporting the Emergency Theatre Nurses as they take on the Yorkshire 3 Peaks on Bank Holiday Monday 29th July 2023 & also with the Worlds first ever INEOS Grenadier Owners meet-up at the Ribblehead Viaduct on the same day.

Reactions: PBD

Tony H

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Tony H

Are there details on how people can support the walk even if they can't attend?
Hi Stu, sorry missed your post.
I am hoping to grow the Ineos Owners community supporting the Emergency Services which are organising outdoor activities either raising money for local small charities & voluntary organisations that will build their physical & emotional welfare, like I am doing supporting the Emergency Theatre Nurses attempting the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Walk (We are just raising awareness of Organ Donation this year)

If you can. Look at your local emergency services, see how your local Ineos Grenadier Owners can be there to support them. You can use the hashtag #TheWalkDay2023 to promote the event.

I am already setting up #TheWalkDay2024 on Facebook for Grenadier groups to work with Emergency Services to set up events. Not live yet but going live soon.

Hoping to grow the community in supporting local communities. That is how you can help grow it.

Thanks for the interest & I will be posting pics soon on here & the various Facebook pages on our event.

Back
Top Bottom