The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Stopping the start stop

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
Looks like if you plug in a trailer plug its deactivated all the time wonderfull any ideas which terminals have to be bridged ?
View attachment 7807256
From memory in the Discovery it is the LH side light circuit that the canbus sends a pulse round to check for a trailer. Just push the off button on the centre console it just becomes an automatic reaction. Start car, push off button.

Local time
Reaction score
From memory in the Discovery it is the LH side light circuit that the canbus sends a pulse round to check for a trailer. Just push the off button on the centre console it just becomes an automatic reaction. Start car, push off button.
I forget then it leaves you in the middle of a roundabout and it won't start absolutely hate the things. If you are in a line of cars all with start stop when the light changes it takes ages for them all to start up and reduces traffic flow .

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:12 AM
Reaction score
Looks like if you plug in a trailer plug its deactivated all the time wonderfull any ideas which terminals have to be bridged ?
View attachment 7807256
I guess they figure that you don't want the power to keep getting cut off to your caravan or trailer every time you stop at the lights.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Start stop nearly got me killed at a round about only a week ago. Just as I went to hit the trottle, the engine cut, then it started up ave threw me in to the bout but it lagged... was not good. If start stop can be permanently turned off that will be good. Do the Gren diesels default start- stop? Is it also defaulted off during a DPF regen?

Local time
Reaction score
Start stop nearly got me killed at a round about only a week ago. Just as I went to hit the trottle, the engine cut, then it started up ave threw me in to the bout but it lagged... was not good. If start stop can be permanently turned off that will be good. Do the Gren diesels default start- stop? Is it also defaulted off during a DPF regen?
Yes had that happen too many times to trust it.

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score

I also thought of such a solution. I suspect, that the pdc will also be switched off permanently.
I was happy to code my BMW F11 the ASS to "off" by default, so i hope to do it the same way with the IG.

Back
Top Bottom