The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Station Wagon vs trialmaster what’s the catch?

Fox2000

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
Ok folks
i have had feedback from my local IG dealer. I am trying to swap from an original order of a trial master to a station wagon due Uk vehicle tax being much lower. As far as I can tell if I add the necessary options the only remains difference will be a back seat that is more vertical and offers less rear leg room. Am I missing something?

I have requested the change but no response from IG people yet. The local dealer has offered to help and is trying to get round all the problems we have with the system and no surprise even he too has been unable to fix it. It seems he has put a call into IG will let you know how I get on. The dealer does seem pretty responsive so there is hope.Foxy

Local time
Reaction score
The big catch is your have to stick to the lower speed limits for commercial vehicles so 50 on a A road and 60 on a dual carriageway. Also potentially harder to insure if your private user but that is TBC. I have gone SW to save the VED and will just suck up the lower speed limit ball ache! ...save abit of fuel lol! 

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Fox2000 userid=9025586 postid=1332978305]Ok folks
i have had feedback from my local IG dealer. I am trying to swap from an original order of a trial master to a station wagon due Uk vehicle tax being much lower. As far as I can tell if I add the necessary options the only remains difference will be a back seat that is more vertical and offers less rear leg room. Am I missing something?

I have requested the change but no response from IG people yet. The local dealer has offered to help and is trying to get round all the problems we have with the system and no surprise even he too has been unable to fix it. It seems he has put a call into IG will let you know how I get on. The dealer does seem pretty responsive so there is hope.Foxy[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify... are you referring to the "Utility" version or the "Station Wagon"?
From the brochures, I understood the "Belstaff" versions of the Grenadier are the Station Wagon, the Trialmaster and Fieldmaster. The "Utility" 5 door 2 seat (optional 5 seat) is the no frills 'commercial' version.
I hope you're not cutting off your options!
cheers

Fox2000

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I am talking about the station wagon not the utility. I have now been told that if i wish to swap from trialmaster to station wagon will not be possible. The dealer is being proactive but its not a change i can make without losing my slot it seems.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Don't worry about the rear seats. Look here.

Back
Top Bottom