The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Something is not right

BarnesH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Any GA (plane or Helicopter) pilots out there who might be passing who could snap a decent quality picture? Is the factory inside any restricted airspace to prevent this? If they were made in UK I’d offer..!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Any GA (plane or Helicopter) pilots out there who might be passing who could snap a decent quality picture? Is the factory inside any restricted airspace to prevent this? If they were made in UK I’d offer..!

Not a chance, it’s like Area 51, a closed airspace. You get anywhere near that factory airspace and you will be buzzed by two IAF (Ineos Air Force) jets.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
I don't have the French VFR maps on hand, but have a screenshot from a free nav app.

Hambach is imho in the light grey area right to the pop-up box (I have surrounded it with a magenta circle). The entire region is below R163B if I'm not mistaken. And flying below 800 AGL under an R-sector is a bit keen, I'd say.

Screenshot_20230203_190635.png

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Worth a plan.

Flying would be fun, but the Hambach area seems so be under a restricted flying zone.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me that region around Hambach is quite mythical!
I am since quite some years working on my genealogy. It begun, because I have a huge portrait of a certain "Stéphanie Maiglet" and I knew only it was the grand-mother of my Walloon grand-mother, but it stopped there!

And to make the story very short (searching wasn't easy and long, but I had luck): Stéphanie was the daughter of Frederick Maiglet or Megle or Megeli, who was a glassmaker and son of ...
I am therefore a descendent of some very famous glass making masters originating from the Black Forest (D) and Switzerland (they usually married between each other's families): Megely, Hockenmüller, Faller, Bonhomme, ... and some of them were working for a short period in the region around Hambach: 1620 Forbach (FR), 1694-1743 Creutzwald (FR), 1730 Köllerbach (D), 1750 Illingen (D), ... Glass needs fire, forest equal wood, therefore fire. Once the wood was burnt, they had to move. Deforestation!!!!!!
And later (1760) they or there descendants (my ancestors) moved to the region of Charleroi in Belgium, still famous for the glass factories. Coal there, mines, ... they almost didn't move anymore, the mines lasted "forever".

And to make it more special, my first job as a "junior consultant" in 1985 was in Charleroi in two glass factories (providers of the automobile industry), but at that time I didn't know I had some "glass making blood" in my veins!

(PS: I have in some other branches of my genealogical tree some famous gadabouts (beggars) and even a (Flemish) deserter of the Napoleon army, condemned to death, but he could escape, otherwise I wouldn't be here ;) )
(PS2: You don't have to donate for my fuel, I ask some wood and coal to my ancestors)

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
My grandfather stoked coal into the Battersea power station in London in the 20s to keep the trains and trams running.

But now we've digressed into family industries it's time to excise this thread elsewhere.

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Considering this is the google earth image of the Hambach plant, and we know that the Grenadier does not have a traditional sun roof, I'm thinking that the vehicles at the top are Grenadiers and the predominantly white ones on the lower periphery are Mercedes?View attachment 7802203
My only comment would be I think that's an old photo because the streeview of that carpark (which is a year ago) has solar panel carports which aren't on the satellite view.

Also those carports are fixed into those white concrete slabs you can see on the satellite view.

Sorry to be a dampener 😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230204_110317_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230204_110317_Maps.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32

Geordie Hillbilly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The date on the aerial view is August 2020 and the street view is 2021, which does indeed show the solar panels with cars parked underneath which are not Grenadiers.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
My grandfather stoked coal into the Battersea power station in London in the 20s to keep the trains and trams running.

But now we've digressed into family industries it's time to excise this thread elsewhere.
A case of 'coal comfort'? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom