The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Something is not right

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
The more I look at this photograph the more I think these are the Grenadiers, there's a van blocking the access barrier at the top and some heavy plant blocking the lower access.

View attachment 7802214
Those are not Grenadiers based on the size. I would not be surprised if they were MB or Smart Cars - those are primarily 1/2 car spaces.

Reactions: Max

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Those are not Grenadiers based on the size. I would not be surprised if they were MB or Smart Cars - those are primarily 1/2 car spaces.
Seems like its time for glasses..... :)

Reactions: PBD

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
A week to go guys - hold the line!

seems about right emax.

Think about it - production commenced 16 Oct at 20 cars a day & according to INEOS, slowly increasing to 90 per day in late Dec, (as per estimated first year production) - so approx 2,000 built so far.

A couple of hundred PTO3's, then 400-500 demos for agents that can be later sold, and a 1,000 or so customer cars waiting for software update, transit to agents, pre-delivery prep & official launch.
I have been trying to find out where this 8 Feb Date comes from. Could someone here give me a hint, please?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I have been trying to find out where this 8 Feb Date comes from. Could someone here give me a hint, please?
It is the day the press embargo on driving impressions is lifted, so it would be reasonable to expect some kind of media storm on the same day. PRwise, a good day to get all your ducks in a row, make announcements and get nore localised press announcements made.

Last edited:

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
Regarding the major press event currently taking place in Scotland, several journalists have mentioned that there is an embargo on publishing their reviews until Feb 8. Some people have speculated that other announcements may also be made by Ineos on or after that date.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is the day the press embargo on driving impressions is lifted, so it would be reasonable to expect some kind of media storm on the same day. PRwise, a good day to get all your ducks in a row, make announcements and get nore localised pres announcements made.
Snap. 🙂

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding the major press event currently taking place in Scotland, several journalists have mentioned that there is an embargo on publishing their reviews until Feb 8. Some people have speculated that other announcements may also be made by Ineos on or after that date.
If you re-read DaveB's "last post" he also flagged his return on/after 8th February...perhaps he took delivery in Darwin and is taking the hard way home in Oz! 😂

Local time
Reaction score
Posted by @YellowLab "Something is not right - zero news since delivery of the first vehicle - you would think the media would be pouring over it to build more excitement."

Have any been delivered ? I mean in the functional sense ie. I bought a car I can now drive it away ?

Keep the faith chaps…. It’s part of the pre owner experience..
Exactly. You are a number in a pool of customers for a commercial transaction

I was wondering this too. It's telling that Ineos hasn't provided that tid bit of info to folks waiting for their orders and reservation holders (DaveyBoy I'm looking at you).

So, what, the firmware update will occur on or around Feb 8. But let's give The Press a first kick at the cat because they are the ones who will help sell the cars going forward (oh yeah ... thank you early enthusiasts, you were champs)

'Twas a great ideal, this Fraternity of Supplier-End User. We'd all sit around the hearth at the local, just another one of the lads. "My round, how's your beer Jimmy..."

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have any been delivered ? I mean in the functional sense ie. I bought a car I can now drive it away ?

So, what, the firmware update will occur on or around Feb 8. But let's give The Press a first kick at the cat because they are the ones who will help sell the cars going forward (oh yeah ... thank you early enthusiasts, you were champs)

'Twas a great ideal, this Fraternity of Supplier-End User. We'd all sit around the hearth at the local, just another one of the lads. "My round, how's your beer Jimmy..."
Ineos would NOT want to risk putting the established motoring press off-side by starting customer deliveries ahead of the lifting of the press embargo. They simply cannot risk a bunch of amateur YouTubers flooding the interwebs with half-baked and highly subjective reviews before the mainstream press can carpet bomb us with thorough, reasoned and (hopefully) glowing assessments.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Software updates can be the bane of the industry at times...Hyundai have just recalled 8+ thousand 130s and others here (in what is by world standards a very small market) for an urgent s/w update... There's no way Ineos can afford to let their vehicles loose knowing that they require such an amendment... especially if it's safety critical... it's the world we live in!
This forum continues to be an "education" ....reminds at times me of being marooned in an airport terminal with thousands of other passengers because of adverse weather conditions ... no-one was going anywhere ...but according to those around me "someone's gotta pay !!!" 🤭😂

Local time
Reaction score
Ineos would NOT want to risk putting the established motoring press off-side by starting customer deliveries ahead of the lifting of the press embargo. They simply cannot risk a bunch of amateur YouTubers flooding the interwebs with half-baked and highly subjective reviews before the mainstream press can carpet bomb us with thorough, reasoned and (hopefully) glowing assessments.
Perfect. Thank you. Makes sense when it's written out. Now I don't have to waste any more time before then checking to see if there has been any customer pick ups.

Pity IA, the Company of Honourable Persons, wasn't straight with us. Say back last summer when cars 'were being built as we speak', or last Fall when they 'were in production' or last December when vehicles were already being - my favourite - 'dispatched from the Hambach Plant'.

Wow, think of the collective waste of time for the the want of a few lines of published intent. "Hold your horses nobody's getting nothing until the big show. You'll kow when we tell you"

Got it.

And to think I could have gone fishing. ..

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you. Makes sense when it's written out. Now I don't have to waste any more time before then checking to see if there has been any customer pick ups.

Pity IA, the Company of Honourable Persons, wasn't straight with us. Say back last summer when cars 'were being built as we speak', or last Fall when they 'were in production' or last December when vehicles were already being - my favourite - 'dispatched from the Hambach Plant'.

Wow, think of the collective waste of time for the the want of a few lines of published intent. "Hold your horses nobody's getting nothing until the big show. You'll kow when we tell you"

Got it.

And to think I could have gone fishing. ..
Painter - are you suggesting that, all along, what we thought was great customer transparency (a new kind of automotive experience), we were in fact being lied to OR INEOS was hit with a number of unforeseen problems that kept pushing the goalposts back and then in December INEOS decided enough of "transparency"?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Painter - are you suggesting that, all along, when we thought was great customer transparency (a new kind of automotive experience), we were in fact being lied to OR INEOS was hit with a number of unforeseen problems that kept pushing the goalposts back and then in December INEOS decided enough of "transparency"?
In my view it was the latter

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my view it was the latter
My view as well, although in hindsight each of the INEOS "announcements" mentioned by Painter were a tad optimistic in a volatile international manufacturing environment, leading to the classic customer relations problem of over promising & under delivering which when repeated leads to an erosion of market credibility.

I think in early December INEOS deciding to change the transparency strategy to stop any further erosion.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
They changed the transparency strategy together with some managers. Or maybe the changed some managers who stopped the transparency strategy immediately. Obviously for good reasons as the old „transparency“ has been less transparent but more lulling in reality.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They changed the transparency strategy together with some managers. Or maybe the changed some managers who stopped the transparency strategy immediately. Obviously for good reasons as the old „transparency“ has been less transparent but more lulling in reality.
We have learnt (mostly via the agents) of certain issues causing delays. So more a tinted, as opposed to a completely transparent process.

Back
Top Bottom