The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So no deliveries of IGs yet? 10March23?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
They are happy to keep pumping us with "Come see the Grenadier and xxxxx show" and that is annoying. Nothing on the vehicle I'm spending money on though... must be different different IT departments in charge of "advertising".

Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
. When she comes with for the April test drive and it isn’t a production model ...
Yeah, it is disappointing to me they are still using the old prototypes for test driving - even inter department can't get a production run (!).

That and the US guys are being told deliveries THIS year…. Why even say that? That’s bat-crap-crazy. It might be true, but the chances are slim and going rapidly to none.
Agreed, long way to go to catch up enough to make that happen. Beggar's belief at this time, TBH.

Another idea ... hold tight until end of June - alleged NA pricing announcement. If they miss that then might as well put the BS protectors on if you're staying (cover your ears 'cause you can't believe a word).

or, if they do announce pricing, take the opportunity to asses it as cold blooded financial speculation - could you flip it to some other sap for a pretty profit ?

Would be funny if that was Sir Jim's legacy ... his passion and considerable expenditure leveraged by the once, now dispossessed, enthusiast. --> Stickin it to the next guy, profiteer's style. Paying for your time in, don't' care 'bout what it is your selling.

The Gren could go down in history like those tulip bulbs.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
I see it like a pregnancy.

Birth has overtaken everything and become The Big Event. You get home and - SHOCK! - turns out birth was the start, not the end! You've got a kid to look after for 18 years... and you've no idea what you're doing.

That's Ineos right now :)

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I think a lot of posters here are not getting Ineos's long term plan. To succeed as large a manufacturer as Ineos needs high volume. I think Ineos is looking to the huge market for work vehicles for mining, oil, pipelines etc etc. to supply large volume. To enter that market you need to prove reliability.
I don't really see that there are enough consumer 4X4 buyers for a vehicle without stereo sub-woofers, plush carpets etc. that can let you signal wealth like a $US 12OK+ Range Rover can, to get to high volume and pay back their very large investment with a profit. Fleet buyers for the extraction etc industries need proven reliability, And so it may be that us wannabe early adopters are just crash test dummies for the reliability field testing for that larger market.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
I think a lot of posters here are not getting Ineos's long term plan. To succeed as large a manufacturer as Ineos needs high volume. I think Ineos is looking to the huge market for work vehicles for mining, oil, pipelines etc etc. to supply large volume. To enter that market you need to prove reliability.
I don't really see that there are enough consumer 4X4 buyers for a vehicle without stereo sub-woofers, plush carpets etc. that can let you signal wealth like a $US 12OK+ Range Rover can, to get to high volume and pay back their very large investment with a profit. Fleet buyers for the extraction etc industries need proven reliability, And so it may be that us wannabe early adopters are just crash test dummies for the reliability field testing for that larger market.
I fully agree with your analysis. And I add that this kind of position in the automotive scenario is the best basis for a long and iconic life of a similar car - as it happened for Defenders - in the same way a successful racing career is the best basis for a long and iconic life of a sportscar...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
I think a lot of posters here are not getting Ineos's long term plan. To succeed as large a manufacturer as Ineos needs high volume.
Define high volume?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
Fleet sales will be essential to the long term viability of the platform, its been stated elsewhere before. However without the initial hand raisers saying yes we want one then there would not be a Grenadier, there had to be a tipping point where they pulled the trigger and said yes let’s make it happen. In all honesty it would have been a lot cheaper and easier for Sir Jim to go to M Steyer and ask for 2 dozen vehicles to X specification to be made for him.

And I’m really glad that the little guy is getting his vehicle before the influencers, multi nationals and fleet buyers.

The cynic in me says that we’re the final test dummies for the platform to iron out the niggles before Exxon orders x’000 vehicles for instance, but my heart says the deliveries have been paused to make sure they are really ready for the public.

Time will tell when the warranty figures start emerging I suppose.

But I’m hopeful :)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I see it like a pregnancy.

Birth has overtaken everything and become The Big Event. You get home and - SHOCK! - turns out birth was the start, not the end! You've got a kid to look after for 18 years... and you've no idea what you're doing.

That's Ineos right now :)

If the IG costs as much a child over the next 18yrs, you can stick the contract and the vehicle right where the sun doesn’t shine right now !!

That aside I do get your analogy though 😊

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Fleet sales will be essential to the long term viability of the platform, its been stated elsewhere before. However without the initial hand raisers saying yes we want one then there would not be a Grenadier, there had to be a tipping point where they pulled the trigger and said yes let’s make it happen. In all honesty it would have been a lot cheaper and easier for Sir Jim to go to M Steyer and ask for 2 dozen vehicles to X specification to be made for him.

And I’m really glad that the little guy is getting his vehicle before the influencers, multi nationals and fleet buyers.

The cynic in me says that we’re the final test dummies for the platform to iron out the niggles before Exxon orders x’000 vehicles for instance, but my heart says the deliveries have been paused to make sure they are really ready for the public.

Time will tell when the warranty figures start emerging I suppose.

But I’m hopeful :)
I know they have been talking to the mining companies in Australia.
Justin was at a mining exhibition in December and said he was getting lots of interest
I think the Dual cab cab chassis version will be their volume seller to that market
If you have a look at the US Q&A video at 6:20 he says clearly it is too soon to give you too much information but keep your eyes peeled (disgusting thought) with a bit of a grin.
I wouldn't be surprised to see PTO's arriving in next 3-6 months
Personally my gut feeling is they will sell 3:1 against the Station Wagon in Australia
Maybe even 4:1 if they can get the GVM up from 3,550 to 4,000

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Someone please explain how you get children to leave home at 18????
If they ask you whether they get the money for the driving license as a birthday present or a car you just have to tell them smiling „you get a set of suitcases“

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
I know they have been talking to the mining companies in Australia.
Justin was at a mining exhibition in December and said he was getting lots of interest
I think the Dual cab cab chassis version will be their volume seller to that market
If you have a look at the US Q&A video at 6:20 he says clearly it is too soon to give you too much information but keep your eyes peeled (disgusting thought) with a bit of a grin.
I wouldn't be surprised to see PTO's arriving in next 3-6 months
Personally my gut feeling is they will sell 3:1 against the Station Wagon in Australia
Maybe even 4:1 if they can get the GVM up from 3,550 to 4,000
They’re going to have to get them NCAP rated or similar for the miners to take them on aren’t they?

Back
Top Bottom