The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Smoke coming out from engine

Abk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, my car got 6k kms on it and just started the engine and noticed some smoke and went to open the bonnet to notice this thing is leaking. Any clue on what is this?

Attachments

• [FREE - HDconvert.com] IMG_4050.mp4
    957.1 KB

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
Thats refrigerant flashing off.

The system is almost certainly empty now. Switch off the AC (the compressor should have cut out on low pressure anyway) call your dealer and get them to fix. Send them the video or the link to this thread as evidence.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Gosh, a year on and tthere are still issues with AC leaks? Mine went back to the agent twice due to this.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
Gosh, a year on and tthere are still issues with AC leaks? Mine went back to the agent twice due to this.
Hopefully you no longer have any problems?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@rovie It's been OK for the last 6 months. I have had my Grenadier exactly 1 year this week. Since the software update and various campaign recalls I am now really enjoying the car.

To date the car has been back to the agent approximately 4 times: Twice for AC hose leaks, once to have the software update and the last time, about 2.months ago, to have multiple campaigns applied including replacement transfer case, replacement safari window seal, small cutouts to the front door seals (for the waterfall issue after heavy rain) and some special lubricant applied to several door knobs that were getting stuck. I was informed by the agent INEOS were still looking into the sticking door knobs issue and that another more permanent fix may be coming.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@rovie It's been OK for the last 6 months. I have had my Grenadier exactly 1 year this week. Since the software update and various campaign recalls I am now really enjoying the car.

To date the car has been back to the agent approximately 4 times: Twice for AC hose leaks, once to have the software update and the last time, about 2.months ago, to have multiple campaigns applied including replacement transfer case, replacement safari window seal, small cutouts to the front door seals (for the waterfall issue after heavy rain) and some special lubricant applied to several door knobs that were getting stuck. I was informed by the agent INEOS were still looking into the sticking door knobs issue and that another more permanent fix may be coming.
@Beormund then I hope that you won't have any more problems for the time being. In the meantime, INEOS has realised that their first solution for the stuck door knobs with the O-rings doesn't work. My dealer tried this on his own vehicle very early on and realised that it wasn't a solution. That's why he didn't even try it on my vehicle, but informed me instead. I last lubricated it weeks ago. I haven't had any more problems since then.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
@Beormund then I hope that you won't have any more problems for the time being. In the meantime, INEOS has realised that their first solution for the stuck door knobs with the O-rings doesn't work. My dealer tried this on his own vehicle very early on and realised that it wasn't a solution. That's why he didn't even try it on my vehicle, but informed me instead. I last lubricated it weeks ago. I haven't had any more problems since then.
I don't mind this old school car maintenance at all. I wash it occasionally , add some washer fluid now and again , treat the saddle leather occasionally, squirt some silicone spray into the door knobs occasionally.
I'm not one to snap my fingers at a slave to do it for me :)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't mind this old school car maintenance at all. I wash it occasionally , add some washer fluid now and again , treat the saddle leather occasionally, squirt some silicone spray into the door knobs occasionally.
I'm not one to snap my fingers at a slave to do it for me :)
I agree with you 100% on that.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, my car got 6k kms on it and just started the engine and noticed some smoke and went to open the bonnet to notice this thing is leaking. Any clue on what is this?
A/C leak at the condensor. R1234YF refrigerant used in the Grenadier is flammable and can be explosive given the right conditions.

Back
Top Bottom