The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sheds and Barns

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
I have a confession… It’s a first world problem and one that I have completely over looked.

It’s to do with my man cave / shed, which we built 2 years ago. It’s got the precious stuff a chap needs within, including the current adventure car, is a place SWMBO has no dominion over, is child free and there’s a place for everything. Until this weekend I’d assumed that my new toy would fit in with room to spare, however I got tape measure out on Sunday and discovered some disappointing facts.

The Gren has a length of 4.9m including the rear door mounted spare which will leave me about 300mm between the front bumper and my steel cabinet workbench. Even this assumes that the roller shutters will be touching the rear spare…. And with a height of 2.036m, it’ll be 10mm higher than the shed door..!

For the height issue, I’ve resigned myself to let the tyres down every time I put it away, and to re inflate when it comes out to play.

The length is a challenge as it doesn’t really leave me any wriggle room. I doubt I’ll be able to get any of my stuff from under the bench because the doors won’t open wide enough without hitting the bumper…. I could use the flat front fenders of the Gren as a new shelf but not sure it’d react well to my usual workshop shenanigans.

So my plans to fettle the beast its lair, with room to spare, are dashed. It’s going to be tighter than a fat girls shoe.. but at least it’ll be inside….

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Ah well, time to sell the house and buy something with a bigger shed. 😉😂😂

For me, everything will be smaller including height.

Unless I put 33” tyres and a 2” lift.
Then there won’t be too many carparks I’d get into. So for the time being I’ll have to settle for just the bigger tyres.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a confession… It’s a first world problem and one that I have completely over looked.

It’s to do with my man cave / shed, which we built 2 years ago. It’s got the precious stuff a chap needs within, including the current adventure car, is a place SWMBO has no dominion over, is child free and there’s a place for everything. Until this weekend I’d assumed that my new toy would fit in with room to spare, however I got tape measure out on Sunday and discovered some disappointing facts.

The Gren has a length of 4.9m including the rear door mounted spare which will leave me about 300mm between the front bumper and my steel cabinet workbench. Even this assumes that the roller shutters will be touching the rear spare…. And with a height of 2.036m, it’ll be 10mm higher than the shed door..!

For the height issue, I’ve resigned myself to let the tyres down every time I put it away, and to re inflate when it comes out to play.

The length is a challenge as it doesn’t really leave me any wriggle room. I doubt I’ll be able to get any of my stuff from under the bench because the doors won’t open wide enough without hitting the bumper…. I could use the flat front fenders of the Gren as a new shelf but not sure it’d react well to my usual workshop shenanigans.

So my plans to fettle the beast its lair, with room to spare, are dashed. It’s going to be tighter than a fat girls shoe.. but at least it’ll be inside….
I just redesigned my shed and went out for quotes last week.
I have now decided on a 20 Metre wide by 25 metre long slab
16 x 16 Metre shed split into 16 wide x 9 deep enclosed and 16 wide x 7 deep open on the front
2700 mm high doors with a 3200mm high roof at the eaves.

2.png3.png

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score

Simple. Simple, simple,simple.

Attachments

• 123B5391-FD6E-4556-9E5D-B66925B05796.jpeg
    123B5391-FD6E-4556-9E5D-B66925B05796.jpeg
    703.2 KB · Views: 40

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
I speak from the heart.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
I just redesigned my shed and went out for quotes last week.
I have now decided on a 20 Metre wide by 25 metre long slab
16 x 16 Metre shed split into 16 wide x 9 deep enclosed and 16 wide x 7 deep open on the front
2700 mm high doors with a 3200mm high roof at the eaves.

View attachment 7797686View attachment 7797687
What is it made of? Wood + tin panels?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Steel frame with colourbond steel sheeting
All Australian made steel
...the 3rd little pig built his shed out of steel. the big bad wolf stood no chance.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, I had a rethink DaveB what about The Beast's Den?...more like Dave's den...is the beer cold?...go well
Interesting
The beer will be cold, the scotch will plentiful, the entertainment will be good.
Custom pool/snooker table I had made will be going in there.
As will the bar I made
Not sure if the 75" or 82" TV will hit the shed, my wife might get to choose that one.

IMG_4823.jpgIMG_4739.JPGIMG_4746.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Interesting
The beer will be cold, the scotch will plentiful, the entertainment will be good.
Custom pool/snooker table I had made will be going in there.
As will the bar I made
Not sure if the 75" or 82" TV will hit the shed, my wife might get to choose that one.

View attachment 7797720View attachment 7797721View attachment 7797722
be aware that some guys from the forum might stand in front of your shed in the next years :) . How should we announce our visit? PM on the forum or just drop in?

Back
Top Bottom