The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Servicing Your Grenadier

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
AVOIDING LENGTHY DOWNTIMEWe know that the Grenadier will be an important vehicle - for work or for leisure. That’s why we’re dedicated to maximising the time yours spends off road, not off-the-road. That means providing you with easy access to maintenance support, as part of a structured, robust service offering.That could be via workshop professionals, by giving you access to online guides, manuals and support, or even by sending experts out to support in the field.Our aftersales team has already been hard at work. They’ve worked closely with our engineers to consider repairs throughout the Grenadier’s testing and development programme. This means that easy access to key components has been baked into the vehicle’s design. All to minimise lengthy repairs.
WORKSHOPS NEARBYIt’s our aim that most of our customers are never more than an hour from an accredited workshop, for hassle-free servicing and repairs. Thanks to our retail partner network and support from Bosch.
OFF GRID SUPPORTWe want to support our customers off the beaten track. So you will have access to workshops even where Grenadier isn’t sold. Alternatively, if you want or need to work on your own vehicles, you will have access to remote technical support from INEOS HQ. That could be by text, telephone, email, or in the shape of online manuals. If it’s a real emergency, our ‘Flying Spanners’ technicians will even fly to remote locations to keep your downtime to a minimum.24-HOUR PARTSWe know that customers depending on their Grenadier can’t afford costly downtime. So we are aiming for 24-hr parts delivery in major markets, thanks to a central, European logistics centre, regional hubs and logistics partners.
I’M NOT IN THE UNITED STATES. WHERE IS MY NEAREST SERVICING OUTLET?Servicing will be provided by our retail partners and by specially selected Bosch Car Service outlets or in some markets, from BMW servicing locations.

Should you find yourself in meed of an emergency workshop, our global agreement with Bosch gives you access to over 10,000 Bosch car service locations in 150 countries.

This was lifted directly from the Grenadier website.

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/servicing-your-grenadier

Elson

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
The 'flying spanners' sounds interesting! As does parts availability. Sounds like it could be a great model if it works.

Like I've seen in other comments, having an 'offline' download in the infotainment system would be fantastic. Could be incredibly useful for those without signal or out on trips without the luxury of needing a full fix when a 'bodge' will do

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
If Ineos' response to service and parts enquiries online is a good as their response to my lack of reservation confirmation and invoice, then you could have a long wait. There's something to be said for a real phone number and a real shop. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
dominicperry said:
If Ineos' response to service and parts enquiries online is a good as their response to my lack of reservation confirmation and invoice, then you could have a long wait. There's something to be said for a real phone number and a real shop. 

I believe they had server issues, as my verification emails wouldn't come through, then I got them all a day later

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Spjnr said:
I believe they had server issues, as my verification emails wouldn't come through, then I got them all a day later

Yes, my reservation did go through and I did get the emails eventually, but I never got a reply from their online support (web) form, and I finally got a response to a PM through twitter several days later. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted mate

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
dominicperry said:
Yes, my reservation did go through and I did get the emails eventually, but I never got a reply from their online support (web) form, and I finally got a response to a PM through twitter several days later. 

This stuff matters. I hope Ineos has some funding or plans to streamline this part of the experience in the future, using this latest launch as a learning curve. First impressions make a big difference.

Glad you got it sorted!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
dominicperry said:

I hope this was just due to unprecedented demand for information on their part rather than the standard customer service. The Grenadier could be the best int eh business but if the customer experience with regards to after sales and spare parts is terrible then they'll die by the sword, or rather the unanswered email. Let's not forget that they are touting remote technical assistance as a backup to their lack of direct repair network. 

But glad you managed to get there in the end dominicperry

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
If they are going to release that level of detail out to the general public for the maintenance and servicing then it would truly be something. I'm sure that their service partners would have a word to say on that though, sadly. How much of a profit is made per vehicle sale compared to the 20 year parts supply and maintenance.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
That looks great, beats the monochrome photocopies I normally use. I just hope it extends to the engine and gearbox etc. As we know BMW are not the most transparent with providing access to the technical literature for their engines, just like the majority of manufacturers of consumer engines. 

But I live in hope, failing that there's the "flying spanners"

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has spotted this, but on the New Zealand website they have an interactive map for the expected service centre and sales points. Not sure how accurate or real it is though as it won't let you zoom in to any useable extent other than to pinpoint the city.

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/nz/the-vehicle/buying-the-grenadier

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
I just checked Bosch Automotive Car Service website and thee are 2 service centres within 6 kms from me and 23 within 200kms.
No idea how many there are in Australia but based on that I am guessing hundreds.
They have just started to be active on the Grenadier Facebook sites that I have noticed.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The way the article reads, and from what has been written previously, I was under the impression that it would only be selected Bosch service centres in areas where there was no main agent or potential under capacity; rather than the full network?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
The way the article reads, and from what has been written previously, I was under the impression that it would only be selected Bosch service centres in areas where there was no main agent or potential under capacity; rather than the full network?
I didn't read the article.
it is mentioned in interviews and on websites that they have done a deal with Bosch worldwide and in Australia/NZ.
I can guess the individual Bosch service centres, which are franchises, would need to opt in and attend training courses.
They are all certified on the BMW engines however, so I think you could drive into any one of them and have a fair chance of getting sorted.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have any more information on the Ineos Service agreement with Bosch car service. Whereby owners can access servicing at Bosch service centres worldwide, especially in regions where Ineos have no agent. Such as the Stan countries, South and Central America, Greece, Turkey etc. Even in my own region of the U.K. the nearest agent is 1hr 15mins drive. So using a local Bosch service centre, for example in Newbury U.K. Would be ideal.

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom