The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Scottish White = Limestone?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
A question to the German members:

Is there anybody which will pick up his car at Krah & Enders, and has
  • Scottish white OR
  • Magic Mushroom?

I would then come there upon pickup and would be happy to take a look. Or visit the one privately, if that was ok.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
White is a popular colour where dust is plenty...hello Australia...I love the dark colours but they take more than a hose off after a day out in the bush...white just changes shades and eventually after some time you get the guilty feeling and look after her with a full bath and go WOW! again...happy motoring

I keep the darker colour for the bike emax.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
I once poached eggs on the bonnet (hood) of a black P38 Rangie on a normal sunny 35 deg C (95F) spring day here in SE Queensland.... Scottish White will do nicely.
Now...IF I lived in Tasmania... dark green with the white roof would be very tempting!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Generally a more sanitary gameplan and better for your paint!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
I once poached eggs on the bonnet (hood) of a black P38 Rangie on a normal sunny 35 deg C (95F) spring day here in SE Queensland.... Scottish White will do nicely.
Now...IF I lived in Tasmania... dark green with the white roof would be very tempting!
🤣🤣🤣 Didn't admit to consuming said eggs! It was an experiment!...firstly a section of the paintwork was rubbed over with one of those "glaze" treatments,wiped off then quickly buffed to a shine by hand. After about 30 mins in the noon sun the surface temp was measured at close to 75 deg C. Took about 10 mins for the eggs to cook ....no residue left on the paint😉.
Dark colours don't last in northern Australia... heat and brutal solar UV radiation take their toll especially on red and dark blue colours....

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
🤣🤣🤣 Didn't admit to consuming said eggs! It was an experiment!...firstly a section of the paintwork was rubbed over with one of those "glaze" treatments,wiped off then quickly buffed to a shine by hand. After about 30 mins in the noon sun the surface temp was measured at close to 75 deg C. Took about 10 mins for the eggs to cook ....no residue left on the paint😉.
Dark colours don't last in northern Australia... heat and brutal solar UV radiation take their toll especially on red and dark blue colours....
DenisM, In my Army days I used to often defrost my frozen steaks on the bonnet of the Army Land Cruiser and later the 110 Land Rover as I drove along. The steak was wrapped in Alfoil at the time and most often I could see a Bush Fire burning on the horizon about 20 minutes distant. That Bush Fire also provided the cooking embers to throw the thawed out stake (still in the foil wrapping) and cook it up. Must say the juice from the steak was acidic enough to etch a trickle pattern into the Army Olive Drab paint at the time.
Cheers
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

Back
Top Bottom