The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Scottish White = Limestone?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=G-Man userid=8989993 postid=1332730057]I read that even a good quality wrap only lasts 5 years due to UV degradation. Is that right?[/QUOTE]
From what I can see 2-5 years for full PPF not just a basic wrap

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Yeah I gather if you leave it on too long it goes brittle and then it’s a helluva job to remove 

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
A problem for you guys in Aus, in the UK it’s more likely to get washed off in the rain ? 

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This is the car that I configured.  I also like the Mushroom and Sterling Silver but I think I like this blue more...

Attachments

• Ed_Gran_Blue.jpg
    Ed_Gran_Blue.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 40

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=equismorio userid=8918132 postid=1332735777]This is the car that I configured.  I also like the Mushroom and Sterling Silver but I think I like this blue more...[/QUOTE]

We're not allowed to select chequer plate in the UK. Maybe it's incase we accidentally cheese-grate someone. ? 

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveB userid=8923052 postid=1332730066]
From what I can see 2-5 years for full PPF not just a basic wrap[/QUOTE]

Isn't it a pain in the ass to keep replacing a wrap, must be an expensive habit if you plan to keep a vehicle long-term? I think the contrast rear door and 'Rudolph' nose option on the Grenadier is a actually a wrap

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=G-Man  I think the contrast rear door and 'Rudolph' nose option on the Grenadier is a actually a wrap[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's wrapped... 

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220530-193421.png
    Screenshot_20220530-193421.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 23

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=G-Man userid=8989993 postid=1332736313]

Isn't it a pain in the ass to keep replacing a wrap, must be an expensive habit if you plan to keep a vehicle long-term? I think the contrast rear door and 'Rudolph' nose option on the Grenadier is a actually a wrap[/QUOTE]
Yes. I have read a lot of bad stories so have now decided not to do it.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
All sign writing on vehicles now is just a wrap. They seem to last years, so I assume the better quality materials have a decent life expectancy. I will see as and when, but I couldn’t justify a £1000 for a different colour roof. 

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
I live in Aberdeen and white generally means white around here, but the 'Scottish White' shown on the Grenadier configurator is more of a chalky white or cream, a bit like the 'Limestone' colour you see on vintage LR SII's and SIII's.

The Grenadier in one of the most recent Final Mile videos featuring George Russell (and a number of authentic camels for good measure) seems to be a similar colour to that shown in the configurator. I don't think it's subject to a 'Magic Mushroom' flavour paint job as I perceive this to be more of a sand/beige colour in which case the desert and George himself are head to toe in the stuff and contrast nicely to the Grenadier which is more of a Lawrence of Arabia shade.

Do you think it's safe to assume that Scottish White is in fact closer to an antique white/cream rather than a straight up diamond white? I present exhibits A, B and C to illustrate my point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwtF74Vne60&ab_channel=INEOSGrenadier

I’m new to the group, but this thread caught my interest as iv ordered the Scottish white color. As per the dealer in dubai, the white in the video is not the actual Scottish white (which like you said will be more of a cream white), the prototype is actually a diamond or regular white color and on the inside of the vehicle (door rails etc) they have the mushroom color which is also a great option. This prototype is still in the showroom in dubai and I have viewed it couple weeks ago A7A116D1-99B0-4F67-87AB-FD1E7A1D8DD2.jpegA7A116D1-99B0-4F67-87AB-FD1E7A1D8DD2.jpeg2418EBF8-B3CA-49A2-BEB0-B4C0D907A2CD.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A few observations about this prototype - the front tires are black side out and the rears white side out, the word Grenadier on the edge of the hood/bonnet appears to be raised (unless it's a white decal on the white paint), both of the black vents on the hood appear to be ridged, and the build date is 01/06/2021 (I guess that is June 1st).

Do you know which engine this particular model has?

Edit - I went and looked at other photos and I did not see what I thought was raised lettering on the hood edge. I guess in that photo it is white decals.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A few observations about this prototype - the front tires are black side out and the rears white side out, the word Grenadier on the edge of the hood/bonnet appears to be raised (unless it's a white decal on the white paint), both of the black vents on the hood appear to be ridged, and the build date is 01/06/2021 (I guess that is June 1st).

The US is pretty much the only place that uses Month/Day/Year format, apart from Belize, China (when using non-Chinese calendar) and Zimbabwe, so your guess is probably correct.
The tyres come with white on one side and black on the other so they may have done it to demonstrate both options.
The vents and air intake seem to vary a lot on the prototypes

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score

Edit - I went and looked at other photos and I did not see what I thought was raised lettering on the hood edge. I guess in that photo it is white decals.
i know this is the petrol engine, but i did not look under the hood.
will pass by again this week and can ask certain questions.
if you or anyone in the forum has a few more questions or would like more information about this particular prototype, i can go and ask, and can do a video to show better details. their showroom is not too far from where i live.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
You won’t know the difference under a layer of red dust 🇦🇺
That's right, but I don't think they are dusty.

The direkt sunlight is a good reference light as the shadows say that the sun is standing quite vertical. The question is however which setup the camera has. However, the very white Ineos cubes behind suggest a quite neutral setting (e.g. AWB which usually works quite good in such light).

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The direkt sunlight is a good reference light as the shadows say that the sun is standing quite vertical. The question is however which setup the camera has. However, the very white Ineos cubes behind suggest a quite neutral setting (e.g. AWB which usually works quite good in such light).
I was rather meaning that the white tone of the paint job would be indistinct once the vehicle is dirty, as is inevitable in Oz.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

My daughter took the photo so I don't know her camera set-up.

However, I did take the white sample plate over to the white INEOS cubes and it totally confirmed me opinion tha Scottish White has a strong creamy tone to it.

I then put the Scottish White sample on the roof of the Sela Green with white contrast roof car and it was a an exact match.

Back
Top Bottom