The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safari Window Removal?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
that boot tray/cover looks a bit slippery. will have to cut up and old Disco one to calm things down a bit in the back
I had one of these in the tray of my Mazda BT50 and I have ordered it with my Grenadier.
Elastic net makes it very easy to slide small objects like the safari window case under to stop them sliding or flying around.
Many years ago we had a Telstra (telephone) technician slam on his brakes and his laptop flew from the rear cargo area, hit him in the head and killed him.
Made cargo barriers a requirement for government and many companies.

1674496580993.png

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
I had one of these in the tray of my Mazda BT50 and I have ordered it with my Grenadier.
Elastic net makes it very easy to slide small objects like the safari window case under to stop them sliding or flying around.
Many years ago we had a Telstra (telephone) technician slam on his brakes and his laptop flew from the rear cargo area, hit him in the head and killed him.
Made cargo barriers a requirement for government and many companies.

View attachment 7801346
good idea but my dogs will unfortunately ruin that as soon as look at it. I hear you on the projectiles. One of the main reasons I've always had a barrier where possible. Used to have to tell one of my past girlfriends to stop sticking the road atlas on the parcel shelf for that same reason. Poor chap

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
good idea but my dogs will unfortunately ruin that as soon as look at it. I hear you on the projectiles. One of the main reasons I've always had a barrier where possible. Used to have to tell one of my past girlfriends to stop sticking the road atlas on the parcel shelf for that same reason. Poor chap
I have also selected the cargo net for when we are travelling\
My wife loaded her car up last week to go up to the country house and she put an open box in the back full of bottles and cans.
She may as well have put a claymore mine in there.
I changed it

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
If it’s like the old Defender the hole will just be there to randomly let water in.
Defenders don’t need a sunroof to let water in. That is why they designed the bulkhead, seals, windows and floors the way they did. I think the warranty must have included a clause about condensation minimums.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Having watched that, I have a slight concern about how easy it is to go from the ajar position to off, you can kind of imagine that the right/wrong freak wind buffet could just release the rear catch and let it fly around in the wind.
This is old and well tested kit, I had the same on a Nissan (maybe Datsun) 280ZX in the late 1970’s and they worked well, never an issue. As they said “Don’t worry Captain Mainwaring”!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is old and well tested kit, I had the same on a Nissan (maybe Datsun) 280ZX in the late 1970’s and they worked well, never an issue. As they said “Don’t worry Captain Mainwaring”!
Well it’s not keeping me up at night and I’m not changing my order, but it is a wondering.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Having watched that, I have a slight concern about how easy it is to go from the ajar position to off, you can kind of imagine that the right/wrong freak wind buffet could just release the rear catch and let it fly around in the wind.
Or if someone could remove it from the outside? I quite often would leave the sunroof cracked to let the hot air out if parked in the sun on one of my old cars. Quite handy, but not ideal if someone could get into the car through it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly. Old stuff did just "work". Don't ask me how.

Back
Top Bottom