The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safari window latch - anyone else with this issue?

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
So this piece fell down from my passenger side safari window last week. I tried putting it back in but couldn’t get it to stay in place. I was at the dealership yesterday getting my windshield replaced and asked about this. Their response shocked me.

They would need to order a whole safari window to get this part and it cannot be repaired and they have done this with 1 other Grenadier already.

It’s under warranty, but seems a bit “light duty” for the Grenadier. Now maybe the dealer would just rather replace than repair for ease or billing reasons, but this is. $1 piece of metal and they are ordering a $1000 window. I thought that tab might just need to be bent back out, but if they are covering with a warranty, I’m not messing with it.

The worse news is this means I shouldn’t drive with that window open as this spring is what keeps it from closing on itself if you go over a bump.

IMG_1085.jpeg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s under warranty, but seems a bit “light duty” for the Grenadier. Now maybe the dealer would just rather replace than repair for ease or billing reasons, but this is. $1 piece of metal and they are ordering a $1000 window.
Welcome to the modern era of vehicle repair, where you repair nothing and replace everything... This is pretty standard practice across all brands

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Usually you don't say maintenance items like that come out until well into the maturity of a vehicle if at all.

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Another reason why im glad I ordered mine as a “slick-top”

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to the modern era of vehicle repair, where you repair nothing and replace everything... This is pretty standard practice across all brands
The answer here in Australia is very easy.
Take the part off a loan, demo or showroom vehicle.
They are all owned by Ineos, not the dealer and the boss of Ineos has approved it on video.

Back
Top Bottom