The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof load and Tools

madrowe

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Liebe Mitglieder, Ich habe auf YouTube gesehen, dass der Kanal Grenadier_Exploring "My Grenadier" immer wieder über sein Dachaufbau, resp.. sein Dach Zelt diskutiert. So viel ich weiss, hat eine Kiste, ein grossen Dachträger und ein Dach Zelt und ein Sonnenschutz verbaut. Wie ist das Möglich, denn der Grenadier hat ein zugelassenes Fahrtgewicht auf dem Dach von 150 KG.

Dear members, I have seen on YouTube that the channel Grenadier_Exploring "My Grenadier" again and again about its roof structure, i.e. his roof tent discussed. As far as I know, it has installed a box, a large roof rack and a roof tent and a sunshade. How is that possible, because the Grenadier has a permissible driving weight on the roof of 150 KG.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
I think he said it was a prototype rack. Not sure what the final weight was.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
This is what the INEOS Rhino Rack Fitting Guides says about the Pioneer Platform Dynamic Load Limit is:
1713437190385.jpg

It is not very smart to go over those limits and in certain countries it is illegal and may mean your insurance policy is void. In Australia you can get certain variations engineered, for example cutting off the roof and installing a fixed roof tent.

A Static load limit (car stopped) can be higher than the Dynamic load limit (car moving). Thus permitting people to sleep in the tent when the car is stopped. Here is a discussion for Australia.

If the Dynamic load in your example is under 150kg it is OK, provided the static load is not exceeded. Another possibility is the limits are being exceeded, not an uncommon occurrence in Australia.

madrowe

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Roof Rack 46kg/101lbs
Side Panels 12kg/26lbs
Roof Tent 90kg/198lbs
Awning 27kg/62lbs
Drawer System 40kg/88lbs
Kitchen Module 70kg/154lbs
Total 286kg/630lbsLoki

CAR 2872kg/6332lbs
Total Weight 3158kg/6962lbsrem.
Payload 342kg/754lbs

Ich habe rausgefunden, dass er das Gewicht gnadenlos überschreitet. Was ich nicht rausgefunden habe, ist, ob er das Dache eventuell verstärkt hat und es rechtens ist was er macht!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Excerpt from the German operating manual.

Attachments

• 1801A696-CEB5-4078-91EB-0A8A07EED1A3.jpg
    1801A696-CEB5-4078-91EB-0A8A07EED1A3.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 13

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Liebe Mitglieder, Ich habe auf YouTube gesehen, dass der Kanal Grenadier_Exploring "My Grenadier" immer wieder über sein Dachaufbau, resp.. sein Dach Zelt diskutiert. So viel ich weiss, hat eine Kiste, ein grossen Dachträger und ein Dach Zelt und ein Sonnenschutz verbaut. Wie ist das Möglich, denn der Grenadier hat ein zugelassenes Fahrtgewicht auf dem Dach von 150 KG.

Dear members, I have seen on YouTube that the channel Grenadier_Exploring "My Grenadier" again and again about its roof structure, i.e. his roof tent discussed. As far as I know, it has installed a box, a large roof rack and a roof tent and a sunshade. How is that possible, because the Grenadier has a permissible driving weight on the roof of 150 KG.
Reach out the @Ingemar as it’s him and his truck in the videos!

Back
Top Bottom