The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roll cage

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
I actually think they need to split the ratings and have 2 a crash rating and a “tech”/crash avoidance rating.
If you dive into the detail, most if not all free to download then it's all there for you. 👍

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
If you dive into the detail, most if not all free to download then it's all there for you. 👍
Yes I know, but to meet the brief of an easy to use star rating system it would be easier. It also means that while the tech requirements will change the crash ones can stay fixed. May even mean that mining companies etc can base their requirements on the crash ratings and not worry so much about the tech. It also means that the somewhat ridiculous situation where the tech requirements change and an existing car can go from a 5 star car in one model year to a 4 star car in the next model year but nothing has changed about the car. A 2022 Pajero sport can go to a mine site because it is 5 star, but a 2023 one can’t because it is 4 star, but nothing changed about the car from 2022 to 2023. So at least one of the 2 ratings would stay the same.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
I don´t think you can compare the old Defender with any other modern car. When you close the back door of an "old" Landy, the whole body gets swinging. My friends (Landy-drivers) called their old Defender always "Lego for adults".

I will feel save in the Ineos. Why? I am sitting in a 2.6 tons heavy truck. And I am sitting high. The high seat position ist not only good for a side crash, but also for the posibility to see, what the driver five cars away is going to do - I am not surprised, I can react earlier.

Or what a friend of mine always tells: "I don´t need this or that safety equipment, I never did. Why? Because I don´t drive against trees!"

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
I don´t think you can compare the old Defender with any other modern car. When you close the back door of an "old" Landy, the whole body gets swinging. My friends (Landy-drivers) called their old Defender always "Lego for adults".

I will feel save in the Ineos. Why? I am sitting in a 2.6 tons heavy truck. And I am sitting high. The high seat position ist not only good for a side crash, but also for the posibility to see, what the driver five cars away is going to do - I am not surprised, I can react earlier.

Or what a friend of mine always tells: "I don´t need this or that safety equipment, I never did. Why? Because I don´t drive against trees!"
The problem in Australia is that large 4wds are everywhere so in traffic 50% of the vehicles are 2.6 ton ++ jacked up and hard to see past
In my car I spend most of the time looking at rear axles and diffs of 4WDS
I can't wait for my Grenadier to arrive so I can look at rear windows instead.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
It will feel tiny , now they are pumping so many American ute's into Australia.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
I was looking at the US requirements and there NCAP is a voluntary program (and similar rating system, where to get 5 stars you need all the avoidance "tech" in addition to crash/roll-over safety. But there is also the FMVSS, that is mandatory for all cars on sale in the US and focuses on the "crash-survivability" of the vehicle. Hovever, compliance is "self" certified by the vehicle manufacturer. I have to "assume" this has been done and submitted to the DOT....

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
I own a 2022 Defender 110 V8. I fully recognize that it’s a luxury SUV and not the rugged, utilitarian 4x4 of old. But it is an incredibly stiff and solid structure. After seeing that YouTube video, I am very impressed! That was nuts.
Especially stiff in the suspension department.

Dr. John

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In lieu of formal testing we all need to see the outcomes and reports of real accidents. I hope this forum will publish them, and wish Ineos would be forthcoming on any data they may have. Like many owners, I suspect that I’ll be reassured. Silence starts rumours. This thing’s a tank with bodywork metal thicker than on a Disco chassis!

The official tests are detailed in their reports, so one can look beyond a simple number. As others have written, fancy electronic safety aids aren’t really the priority and safety reports are broken down, fortunately, so a critical reader can extract the important stuff. I do think Ineos have made a gross error in not giving us side or curtain airbags.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In lieu of formal testing we all need to see the outcomes and reports of real accidents. I hope this forum will publish them, and wish Ineos would be forthcoming on any data they may have. Like many owners, I suspect that I’ll be reassured. Silence starts rumours. This thing’s a tank with bodywork metal thicker than on a Disco chassis!

The official tests are detailed in their reports, so one can look beyond a simple number. As others have written, fancy electronic safety aids aren’t really the priority and safety reports are broken down, fortunately, so a critical reader can extract the important stuff. I do think Ineos have made a gross error in not giving us side or curtain airbags.
Checkout the link below for location of airbags fitted.

Post in thread 'Tougher Ineos Grenadier Seat Covers'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/tougher-ineos-grenadier-seat-covers.12413449/post-1333235290

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
I would like an exoskeleton like the Jeeps wear so that damages are limited on trips to the mall.

Problem is the extra weight making everything worse, though stylish.

Back
Top Bottom