The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Robert Pepper touring video

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
In contrast to the first review, he seemed to be in a little hurry or was this only me impression, seeing him speaking that fast?

Max

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
In contrast to the first review, he seemed to be in a little hurry or was this only me impression, seeing him speaking that fast?

Max
I’m afraid I watch all internet/YouTube stuff at 1.5/1.75x normal speed so everyone sounds a little ADHD/in a rush

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Was a bit disappointed with that review - I think it was more of a walk around rather than a “how would it go as a tourer” video really, and walk arounds have been done to death.
And he got a few things wrong / didn’t know stuff that someone who does his research like he normally does would have.
Torx. Very much a euro thing I think, and not in everyone’s toolbox - certainly not in mine and I only have a small sub 5mm set now. But as an owner you’re going to update your toolkit, so how is that an issue?
Comparing the base models on price also neglects a number of off-road features the IG has that the others don’t. What he did do very well though was highlight that with the double up on price increases, the IG can hardly be seen as a good value proposition like it was previously- now you only buy it if you love it.
Nailed the fuel capacity issue well and demonstrated a real need to cover more. That said, anyone who thinks the 300 is going to do sub 10’s average is kidding themselves. I think the 200 was advertised as very low teens, and I rarely see those numbers, and often double that.
I also thought he rubbished quite a lot of things almost to a negative overall review, and then wraps up by saying it’s the one of the best options for a tourer in the market - weird.
I think this is just Robert’s style, he is no bullshit and says it as he sees it. He would do the same with any vehicle. It feels like he pulls it apart a bit but he would do tue same with any other which means he still says it the best you can buy out of the box which doesn’t mean it’s perfect. There is really nothing he says that hasn’t been said by people here who remain enthusiastic about the vehicle.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think this is just Robert’s style, he is no bullshit and says it as he sees it. He would do the same with any vehicle. It feels like he pulls it apart a bit but he would do tue same with any other which means he still says it the best you can buy out of the box which doesn’t mean it’s perfect. There is really nothing he says that hasn’t been said by people here who remain enthusiastic about the vehicle.
Plus keep in mind that he is running a business not just reviewing as an enthusiast.
It needs to appeal to a wide audience, so he gets lots of views and comments.
His opening sentence/introduction states that this video is a quick look and in order to do a proper review he would need to spend a lot of time with the vehicle.
His offroad video was a lot more focused and informative.
i would like to see him review an owners vehicle that has been setup for touring.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Max
I suspect the owner wanted the car back!

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
The thread on a Torx head and a standard bolt is still the same so if one is lost you can easily substitute it.
Robert says you wouldn't have torx drivers in your tool kit but surely you could purchase them
I have several Torx driver and bit sets. View attachment 7825509
And there is one, granted there are other sizes required, in the tool wrap that comes with the car

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Was a bit disappointed with that review - I think it was more of a walk around rather than a “how would it go as a tourer” video really, and walk arounds have been done to death.
And he got a few things wrong / didn’t know stuff that someone who does his research like he normally does would have.
Torx. Very much a euro thing I think, and not in everyone’s toolbox - certainly not in mine and I only have a small sub 5mm set now. But as an owner you’re going to update your toolkit, so how is that an issue?
Comparing the base models on price also neglects a number of off-road features the IG has that the others don’t. What he did do very well though was highlight that with the double up on price increases, the IG can hardly be seen as a good value proposition like it was previously- now you only buy it if you love it.
Nailed the fuel capacity issue well and demonstrated a real need to cover more. That said, anyone who thinks the 300 is going to do sub 10’s average is kidding themselves. I think the 200 was advertised as very low teens, and I rarely see those numbers, and often double that.
I also thought he rubbished quite a lot of things almost to a negative overall review, and then wraps up by saying it’s the one of the best options for a tourer in the market - weird.
You are correct, its not one of his finest reviews. In regards to the 300, there are 300s that actually do sub 10s, not much on them (extras like racks bars etc) , but they are out there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230903_121552_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230903_121552_Facebook.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 14

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
His review is a critical look at the grenadier as an off-road platform. It’s a bit nit picking and non-apologetic but when you understand where he’s coming from; it’s hard to say he’s incorrect. My take away is “it’s an expensive vehicle that missed the intended mark in a few important areas, but a commendable first effort”. One very important thing he said early in the review was something about it being very niche and if you know you want it you won’t mind the short comings (definitely not a quote).

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
He was certainly taking no prisoners when lifting up the rear seats. 😱

Back
Top Bottom