The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Robert Pepper touring video

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
Am pretty sure that Australian needs would be a bit different than American or even European needs. Would be nice to see a review from a different perspective. Robert makes a lot of good points (which have been noted in the forum) and some rather silly ones (like Torx headed fasteners) and some that I would not have even mentioned. But a nice review and more information is better than less.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
Overall, not a bad review. His comment about the 2 position cargo barrier caught my attention. My understanding is, it can only mount behind the rear seats. Though there are forward upper mounting points there are no forward lower mounting points.

I also wonder how many of the competitor vehicles have a high flow, diesel nozzle?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
also wonder how many of the competitor vehicles have a high flow, diesel nozzle?
am i missing something or can you just use an adapter everytime and chuck it in a sealable bag. not perfect but surely not a 'deal breaker'?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Overall, not a bad review. His comment about the 2 position cargo barrier caught my attention. My understanding is, it can only mount behind the rear seats. Though there are forward upper mounting points there are no forward lower mounting points.

I also wonder how many of the competitor vehicles have a high flow, diesel nozzle?
I wasn't paying attention the other day and pulled up at a hi-flow diesel pump.
My vehicle doesn't fit the hi-flow nozzle.
I had to move to one of the 8 other normal diesel pumps.
I only have a 69 litre tank so not too bad.

Local time
Reaction score
Am pretty sure that Australian needs would be a bit different than American or even European needs. Would be nice to see a review from a different perspective. Robert makes a lot of good points (which have been noted in the forum) and some rather silly ones (like Torx headed fasteners) and some that I would not have even mentioned. But a nice review and more information is better than less.
No problem with Torx bolts but not very common in outback Australia even at remote service stations and hardware stores. Most wrecks on the side of the road or at dumps are Japanese or old Aussie Falcons or Commodores which all use standard hex head bolts. Most Australian outback roads will rattle the fillings from your teeth so it is very common for bolts to rattle loose from vehicles.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No problem with Torx bolts but not very common in outback Australia even at remote service stations and hardware stores. Most wrecks on the side of the road or at dumps are Japanese or old Aussie Falcons or Commodores which all use standard hex head bolts. Most Australian outback roads will rattle the fillings from your teeth so it is very common for bolts to rattle loose from vehicles.
The thread on a Torx head and a standard bolt is still the same so if one is lost you can easily substitute it.
Robert says you wouldn't have torx drivers in your tool kit but surely you could purchase them
I have several Torx driver and bit sets. 1693586314454.png

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
am i missing something or can you just use an adapter everytime and chuck it in a sealable bag. not perfect but surely not a 'deal breaker'?
He put it down as a negative for the grenadier which I agree, but if all the competition have the same issue then its a greater issue and not only specific to the grenadier.

I have an adapter already to go in the spares box.

cheers
Steve

Local time
Reaction score
The thread on a Torx head and a standard bolt is still the same so if one is lost you can easily substitute it.
Robert says you wouldn't have torx drivers in your tool kit but surely you could purchase them
I have several Torx driver and bit sets. View attachment 7825509
Torx is generally a standard metric thread. Most torx bolts can be substituted with inhex (allen key) bolts but its the torx bolts that hide in casting, pressing recesses and interior trim recesses that catch you out and may be difficult to substitute.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
People don't like change or different.
Key on wrong side , indicator toggle on wrong side , bolts not what they are used to , seating position different - you name it, someone will have an issue.
If you have an issue , grab a tissue.
Alternatively just get on with life and learn to be adaptable.
Neuroplasticity is there for the taking 😉

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Guys anyone found a way to change the coordinates for decimal to utm ? It is mentioned in the video but was not able to find it in the menu . Anyone knows where the option is buried ?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the second reviewer who has not understood the logic of the small rear door. The design intent has been made clear by Ineos, and I totally agree with it. Small door first because tight parking spaces might block the bigger one or to pop small items in and out quickly. I also noticed one reviewer complain about it then a minute later they used it to quickly pop something in the back, totally oblivious to the fact they used it exactly as intended.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is the second reviewer who has not understood the logic of the small rear door. The design intent has been made clear by Ineos, and I totally agree with it. Small door first because tight parking spaces might block the bigger one or to pop small items in and out quickly. I also noticed one reviewer complain about it then a minute later they used it to quickly pop something in the back, totally oblivious to the fact they used it exactly as intended.
Totally agree. Its really handy when you have a trailer on too.

AlanJ

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I wasn't paying attention the other day and pulled up at a hi-flow diesel pump.
My vehicle doesn't fit the hi-flow nozzle.
I had to move to one of the 8 other normal diesel pumps.
I only have a 69 litre tank so not too bad.
Interesting to see in real life if it actually “doesn’t fit”
Or that simply it isn’t ideal.
Reason being, my old amarok 2015 didn’t fit the high flow nozzle, but if you held it inline then it worked fine, so was more of a chore vs simply insert and click til full but also it never once made me need to change pumps.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday we were at Burghley horse trials, came back to the Gren and someone had parked right up behind us. No room to open the big door, but no issue as we chucked all our stuff in through the little one...

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was a bit disappointed with that review - I think it was more of a walk around rather than a “how would it go as a tourer” video really, and walk arounds have been done to death.
And he got a few things wrong / didn’t know stuff that someone who does his research like he normally does would have.
Torx. Very much a euro thing I think, and not in everyone’s toolbox - certainly not in mine and I only have a small sub 5mm set now. But as an owner you’re going to update your toolkit, so how is that an issue?
Comparing the base models on price also neglects a number of off-road features the IG has that the others don’t. What he did do very well though was highlight that with the double up on price increases, the IG can hardly be seen as a good value proposition like it was previously- now you only buy it if you love it.
Nailed the fuel capacity issue well and demonstrated a real need to cover more. That said, anyone who thinks the 300 is going to do sub 10’s average is kidding themselves. I think the 200 was advertised as very low teens, and I rarely see those numbers, and often double that.
I also thought he rubbished quite a lot of things almost to a negative overall review, and then wraps up by saying it’s the one of the best options for a tourer in the market - weird.

Last edited:

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Was a bit disappointed with that review - I think it was more of a walk around rather than a “how would it go as a tourer” video really, and walk arounds have been done to death.
And he got a few things wrong / didn’t know stuff that someone who does his research like he normally does would have.
Torx. Very much a euro thing I think, and not in everyone’s toolbox - certainly not in mine and I only have a small sub 5mm set now. But as an owner you’re going to update your toolkit, so how is that an issue?
Comparing the base models on price also neglects a number of off-road features the IG has that the others don’t. What he did do very well though was highlight that with the double up on price increases, the IG can hardly be seen as a good value proposition like it was previously- now you only buy it if you love it.
Nailed the fuel capacity issue well and demonstrated a real need to cover more. That said, anyone who thinks the 300 is going to do sub 10’s average is kidding themselves. I think the 200 was advertised as very low teens, and I rarely see those numbers, and often double that.
I also thought he rubbished quite a lot of things almost to a negative overall review, and then wraps up by saying it’s the one of the best options for a tourer in the market - weird.
Interesting to hear your comments, they echo mine. The tone of the review seemed also markedly different to me from the previous ones he had done regarding the vehicle. In those I felt he was being perhaps too accommodating/positive, this latest one swung the other way. Perhaps difficult for someone who already owns the vehicle (ie me) to be completely impartial. Anyway, overall he is rational, largely forensic and does not seem “captured“ by any particular agenda so good luck to him

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
This means the offroad review comparison will be amazing

Back
Top Bottom