The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Robert Pepper - Justin Hoecvar vid

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
Except the cover up for telling all the early adopters they won't be getting their manuals... it is all I want right now.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
Part 4 is out for members only. Topics include:

00:00 Quartermaster
04:37 GVM upgrades, payloads, weights
12:28 final words, Apple Carplay

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A huge thank you to Robert Pepper for this interview.

I just had my car serviced at the Sunshine Coast dealer and the biggest issue was the rear door lock not working correctly, and not being able to use the key remote to lock the vehicle, or the alarm would go off at random times.
I told the dealer a month in advance that it would need to be replaced under warranty but after they had the vehicle for two days they advised they did not have the part and it had been ordered.

I was extremely unhappy and refused to accept it back.
I told them to take the part off their demo vehicle and put it into mine.
Their answer was "not possible".

I explained that I had a copy of an interview between Robert Pepper and Justin Hocevar, in which Justin states clearly that he had authorised dealers to take parts off the Ineos owned demo vehicles, in order to get customers back on the road.

10 minutes later the service guys came back, said yes they had been given the go ahead, and would take the entire door latch mechanism off the showroom vehicle and put it on mine.

2 hours later I took the 3 hour drive home and not a single bong or flashing door open alarm was experienced.

Over motorways, back country roads and bumpy gravel and it was peaceful heaven.

In fairness to the multi brand dealer this is not something that any of their other brands would allow and was a total surprise to them.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A huge thank you to Robert Pepper for this interview.

I just had my car serviced at the Sunshine Coast dealer and the biggest issue was the rear door lock not working correctly, and not being able to use the key remote to lock the vehicle, or the alarm would go off at random times.
I told the dealer a month in advance that it would need to be replaced under warranty but after they had the vehicle for two days they advised they did not have the part and it had been ordered.

I was extremely unhappy and refused to accept it back.
I told them to take the part off their demo vehicle and put it into mine.
Their answer was "not possible".

I explained that I had a copy of an interview between Robert Pepper and Justin Hocevar, in which Justin states clearly that he had authorised dealers to take parts off the Ineos owned demo vehicles, in order to get customers back on the road.

10 minutes later the service guys came back, said yes they had been given the go ahead, and would take the entire door latch mechanism off the showroom vehicle and put it on mine.

2 hours later I took the 3 hour drive home and not a single bong or flashing door open alarm was experienced.

Over motorways, back country roads and bumpy gravel and it was peaceful heaven.

In fairness to the multi brand dealer this is not something that any of their other brands would allow and was a total surprise to them.
Just a quick update

Anyone who can remember when their new born slept all through the night for the first time will know how I feel.
The beast made it all through the night with the doors locked by remote key and the alarm set.
For the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom