The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reviews Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
You can bet on some of the 'negatives' in the upcoming reviews (that are not a concern for most in this forum):
-lacking advanced driving aids and nannies
-key to start
-no heated steering wheel
-ICE when the world is going EV
-low miles per gallon/liter
-small dealer/support network
-unproven
etc.
ahahha you are spot on , as i was reading the list in my mind i was like "no dont care " , " nop dont care about that either" , when i got to key to start i was like thank god for that . ahhaha

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Just be aware the standard vehicles have manual mirrors
I only change their position once a year or ...
after cleaning the car ... but that happens also only once a year :eek:
or after driving in the bushes and forests (the more the better :D).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Agreed, I have tried a range of awnings with our demountable/pickup combo and dumped them all for freestanding Quest Pro Screenhouse. Not as macho as these field shelters but I'm sat with a beer in hand in 3-4 minutes oh and midge free to boot.
I have a customer who told me he hasn't even unzipped his awning bag in over 2 years
It's a cheap one and he said by the time you get it out, add the poles, pegs and ropes the slightest breeze comes up and it starts to collapse.
Don't know why he doesn't just take it off.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
I have a customer who told me he hasn't even unzipped his awning bag in over 2 years
It's a cheap one and he said by the time you get it out, add the poles, pegs and ropes the slightest breeze comes up and it starts to collapse.
Don't know why he doesn't just take it off.

I'm willing to bet you do know why he leaves it attached...."Expo Chic"!! Gotta look the part at the starbucks drive through after all!! :D

Jokes aside I have an old ARB Touring awning. Your customer is right in that it's not as fast to setup as a free-standing batwing/270-style awning would be, but its way faster than positioning the car just right next to the trees and then finding logs, buckets, and spare tires kicking around the place so you can climb on them to tie the tarp off to said trees. Biggest issue with ours isn't wind - we can stake it down - it's snow and rain. For rain, I typically drop a pole lower and it sheds off, but snow tends to "stick" and it doesn't take much weight to break the poles. Thankfully ARB are great about parts and they are cheap - $15 for replacement poles. We also have a zip-in room with a floor (We refer to it as our "living room") which is fantastically handy to have a bit more shelter while travelling; in the future I will be going to a free-standing 270 awning but the room is so darn handy that we're waiting for a Batwing-style awning that has an equivalent room option (None had 3-ish years ago when I last looked, but I should look again!)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet you do know why he leaves it attached...."Expo Chic"!! Gotta look the part at the starbucks drive through after all!! :D

Jokes aside I have an old ARB Touring awning. Your customer is right in that it's not as fast to setup as a free-standing batwing/270-style awning would be, but its way faster than positioning the car just right next to the trees and then finding logs, buckets, and spare tires kicking around the place so you can climb on them to tie the tarp off to said trees. Biggest issue with ours isn't wind - we can stake it down - it's snow and rain. For rain, I typically drop a pole lower and it sheds off, but snow tends to "stick" and it doesn't take much weight to break the poles. Thankfully ARB are great about parts and they are cheap - $15 for replacement poles. We also have a zip-in room with a floor (We refer to it as our "living room") which is fantastically handy to have a bit more shelter while travelling; in the future I will be going to a free-standing 270 awning but the room is so darn handy that we're waiting for a Batwing-style awning that has an equivalent room option (None had 3-ish years ago when I last looked, but I should look again!)

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Brilliant, and almost perfect, save for my desire to have a floor. The ARB awning room has an integrated floor which basically turns it into a tent -- I slept in my awning room on a cot for a month this summer with my aging dog who needed to get outside in a hurry, and my brother in law lived out of it for a month in Alaska with us, so it works quite well for that purpose. The floor is a game changer - keeps the space truly bug/critter free, and gives a place to keep things that can escape from a floor-less room -- like toddlers and cats, both of which come with us when we camp -- so having a place to keep the contained is handy.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant, and almost perfect, save for my desire to have a floor. The ARB awning room has an integrated floor which basically turns it into a tent -- I slept in my awning room on a cot for a month this summer with my aging dog who needed to get outside in a hurry, and my brother in law lived out of it for a month in Alaska with us, so it works quite well for that purpose. The floor is a game changer - keeps the space truly bug/critter free, and gives a place to keep things that can escape from a floor-less room -- like toddlers and cats, both of which come with us when we camp -- so having a place to keep the contained is handy.
This is me camping rough at Cape Hillsborough caravan park
They wouldn't allow tents, swags or awning floors on the grass.
The kangaroos had free range though
1674687666030.png1674687685801.png1674687750635.png1674687865323.png

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Looks beautiful Dave, great photos - not every day one gets to pet a Kangaroo! That's why I love to travel by small 4x4; you can rough it with the tent and awning 9 days out of 10, but if you want to rock into a nice resort-style accommodation on that 10th day, you still fit in a normal sized parking spot in basically the whole world. Gives one lots of flexibility for experiences like kangaroos at sunset!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks beautiful Dave, great photos - not every day one gets to pet a Kangaroo! That's why I love to travel by small 4x4; you can rough it with the tent and awning 9 days out of 10, but if you want to rock into a nice resort-style accommodation on that 10th day, you still fit in a normal sized parking spot in basically the whole world. Gives one lots of flexibility for experiences like kangaroos at sunset!!
This is why I need the Grenadier.
See how rough that track is that my Mercedes is parked on.
low range locked diffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom