The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Replacement Hinges

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
Looks like a solution looking for a problem

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
There's no shortage of pictures from the factory showing painted chassis with no doors. At least on the vehicle side the area under the hinge should be painted. Doubt it's unpainted under the door side given the gasket isn't painted over in the pic posted above.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
Best way to counter the 'trick' and remove 'doubt' is to effectively disprove it ....

I don't have a Gren, but if I did, i'd be dismantling, greasing and isolating potential bi-metalic rust traps.
I'd also be under it with a Lanoguard lance and spray gun
Even if I lack the “Best way to counter the “trick”, the burden of proof should still lie with the ‘accuser‘ (erstwhile vendor).

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Right, this took a little longer that anticipated and I appreciate your patience.

I have managed to get an answer directly from source that addresses the issue ... and it is convincing.

In a nutshell, INEOS have indeed spent a lot of time getting materials and processes correct to ensure the factory fitted hinges are durable and long-lasting.

Development testing has been so stringent that INEOS have set a new industry benchmark for hinges in the off-road sector.

"Having checked this with the engineering team, it’s clear that the above statement and concerns regarding the quality of INEOS Grenadier hinges is entirely unfounded.

The Grenadier crash test certified hinge has been tested over 100,000 cycles under forced climatic conditions ranging between -40°C and +90°C.
"

With the information now in front of me in regard to materials, manufacturing processes, and durability, I can confidently say the factory mounted hinges are unlikely to cause any issues now or in the future.
_____
The full content of my corresponding post can be read here: https://overland-europe.com/ineos-grenadier-hinges-that-will-last-a-lifetime-probably/

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Right, this took a little longer that anticipated and I appreciate your patience.

I have managed to get an answer directly from source that addresses the issue ... and it is convincing.

In a nutshell, INEOS have indeed spent a lot of time getting materials and processes correct to ensure the factory fitted hinges are durable and long-lasting.

Development testing has been so stringent that INEOS have set a new industry benchmark for hinges in the off-road sector.

"Having checked this with the engineering team, it’s clear that the above statement and concerns regarding the quality of INEOS Grenadier hinges is entirely unfounded.

The Grenadier crash test certified hinge has been tested over 100,000 cycles under forced climatic conditions ranging between -40°C and +90°C.
"

With the information now in front of me in regard to materials, manufacturing processes, and durability, I can confidently say the factory mounted hinges are unlikely to cause any issues now or in the future.
_____
The full content of my corresponding post can be read here: https://overland-europe.com/ineos-grenadier-hinges-that-will-last-a-lifetime-probably/
Anything else would have surprised me a lot. But of course, everyone tries to get a piece of the pie. Even if it's with absolutely unnecessary things. The stainless steel screws and hinges for the Defender were also rubbish.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
And the hinges fitted:
FB_IMG_1686628786124.jpgFB_IMG_1686628789557.jpg

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oldest trick in the advertising book.
Create doubt (maybe a bit of fake news)
Stoke fear
Prise open the wallet...
Waiting for the post where someone mentioned the vehicle is actually made of wood and rust could be an issue. Wonder how INEOS will address their using piano wire for seatbelts....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Waiting for the post where someone mentioned the vehicle is actually made of wood and rust could be an issue. Wonder how INEOS will address their using piano wire for seatbelts....
Horsehair ;) seat stuffing , very old school - but environmentally sensible. There are far too many horses on the planet , mostly doing nothing - just like begpackers.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Horsehair ;) seat stuffing , very old school - but environmentally sensible. There are far too many horses on the planet , mostly doing nothing - just like begpackers.
Exactly - they also failed to disclose that the hinge lubrication is the oil from baby seals the INEOS sends a team to club everyday and render....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly - they also failed to disclose that the hinge lubrication is the oil from baby seals the INEOS sends a team to club everyday and render....
Nanook will be outraged to hear this

Back
Top Bottom