The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rendering videos

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Some of you have got a link with a rendered video for their order.

I'd like you to post your link here to get a collection of the rendered colors.

So please just post the color and the link like so:

-----------------------------
Color: Mushroom [, optional extra roof color and wrapping]
[link]
-----------------------------

No additional text needed. I'd appreciate this very much as it would contribute to a collection of color renderings which are seemingly way closer to the original as any other publication I know.

Thank you!

PS: As these videos are all the same (except for the color and wrapping combinations), it doesn't make sense to have more than one link for a particular color scheme (as well considering the roof and wrapping). So please look before posting.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
We currently have:
  • Britannia Blue
  • Donny Grey
  • Mushroom
  • Queens Red, black roof
  • Sella Green, black roof
  • Scottish White
Still missing:
  • Eldoret Blue
  • Shale Blue
  • Inky Black
  • Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver is my configuration but I haven't yet received a video.

Contributions are welcome! ?

And combinations with different roof colors and / or wrappings are of course welcome as well, even if the base color was already posted !

I will send the downloaded clips to Stu and ask him to make a "Grenadier 2022 Colors" gallery of them - when we are complete with the base colors.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
+1 for Sella Green with black roof. just disappointed I cannot select the contrast rear door

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
emax, all,

I can already see colour differences between the video renderings of selected vehicles and the configurator.

For example, I just configured a Scottish White and it is much creamier and less bright than the Scottish White in the video. The video white looks very bright, almost an arctic white.

What should we to make of this? Is the brighter white due to the type and quality of the video image

I recall the prototype I rode in last year was white and it was more of a creamy white.

Which one should we believe may represent the correct colour?

These are probably difficult to answer at this time but raises issues for those still undecided on their colour.

Video:
 Configurator:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.25.28 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.25.28 pm.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.24.30 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.24.30 pm.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It depends of course of what the input parameters of the rendering were. My first impression was that the colors in the renderings are more accurate. But there is, as usual, no guarantee that they have always hit the color spot on.

So the contribution here might add to the confusion - or add to the truth. I don't know.  ?

But lets keep collecting the results. Perhaps we find some more facts about it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
BTW: the "creamy" white reminds me a bit of Mushroom.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332928877]It depends of course of what the input parameters of the rendering were. My first impression was that the colors in the renderings are more accurate. But there is, as usual, no guarantee that they have always hit the color spot on.[/QUOTE]

I understand there are currently worldwide shortages of certain paint colour pigments such that there may well have been slight adjustments to colours in order to ensure sustained supply, and therefore the renderings may well be based on those originally planned rather than those now available.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
I have been dealing with colours on marketing materials for years and the first thing you need to understand is that colour is different in different mediums. 
If you are viewing on an old CRT screen it will be completely different to an LCD screen. 
If you have a hi-res LCD screen it is completely different to a cheap screen.
Even the difference between an LCD on monitor and laptop makes colours look different.
Then we have an IPad versus an iPad Pro. 
Once it is printed then it is up to the quality and resolution of the printer.
Add to that everyone’s eyes are different and see colour differently. 
Everyone has different quantity of rods and cones in their eyes so we all see colours differently.
I have fantastic night vision but not so good on colours but my wife sees colours but walks into walls at night. 
I look out the window at night and see animals in the bush and she just sees darkness

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You're right, Dave, there is no "true" color an any device - not even in real life - as you almost never have a "standard" sunlight, let alone artificial light (which is what a monitor emits).

But above we see a comparison, and each one here sees it on the one and only monitor at which he or she is looking in that moment. It does not show the "true" color, but the differences are anyway visible.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Yes, colors do look different in different light or on different devices. Thus, for the purpose of comparison, as emax (above) stated, it would be very useful to have all the colors shown in the same image.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Update:

We currently have
  • Britannia Blue
  • Donny Grey