The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removing rear seats?

robby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the rear seats in their grenadier station wagon? Is this a possibility? Or are they unable to be removed?

Reactions: PBD

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the rear seats in their grenadier station wagon? Is this a possibility? Or are they unable to be removed?
Hi Robby
Yes, one can remove the rear seats. There is at least one thread on this forum detailing how to move the seats from the forward upright location back 70mm to the Field / Trialmaster position. I did it myself. When the seats are loose they can be removed but the issue is what you do with the hole in the floor?

robby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi Robby
Yes, one can remove the rear seats. There is at least one thread on this forum detailing how to move the seats from the forward upright location back 70mm to the Field / Trialmaster position. I did it myself. When the seats are loose they can be removed but the issue is what you do with the hole in the floor?
I was thinking some plywood

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Plywood with rubber matting glued to it would look more than acceptable. Not looked at the complexities of getting the plywood in and position in one piece though.

Would it go in ? Or would it need to be two pieces.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
Plywood with rubber matting glued to it would look more than acceptable. Not looked at the complexities of getting the plywood in and position in one piece though.

Would it go in ? Or would it need to be two pieces.
One alternative, (cheap, durable, thickness, manageable and rubber, usually available locally at agricultural merchants or horsey outlets) would be to use a horse stable matting floor sheet cut to size. They are available in sheets varying in thickness from 5 - 20 mm rubber coated neoprene usually in 6'x 4' sheets.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking some plywood
Hi Robby
As someone who has undone the seating, I would take them out and then see exactly what is required. It will only take an hour to have them out and at worst you can put them back in.
May I suggest that there may be a bit more to this than meets the eye. The steel cargo barrier will need to be considered, as will the formation of an upstand the protect the front seats and cover the rear seating footwell void.
I don’t really do this media stuff but if you can search my previous posts you will see how to easily remove to seats.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi again, have a look at an earlier forum for interest;
Reconfiguring US spec IG to a two seat Utility Wagon - started by ADVer on April 8 2023.

Back
Top Bottom