The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removing raised intake

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi.

Sorry if this was already discussed. Could not find it.

I picked the Trialmaster as I did not want alloys, leather seats and carpet, which was fixed for the Fieldmaster back then.

So I end up with the raised intake, which I probably never need and therefore plan to remove them and put aside. Side cover and 2 little ones on the A beam should be replacement parts easy to get or print or cnc myself.

What I found at a prototype at my local dealer though is that in case of no raised air intake the air is not taken in from that side panel, but somewhere unter to hood. Meaning, I would also have to purchase / make some sort of switch point for the intake.

Has someone else checked that out / has more details on it?

Cheers

Timo

Attachments

• 84F8C9A0-1287-4DB6-ABB7-050431E54C93.jpeg
    84F8C9A0-1287-4DB6-ABB7-050431E54C93.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 91

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi Timo,

When removing your RAI would you not just keep the piping going to the vented side panel and use that rather than swapping anything further?

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Yeah. That would be my idea now, but no clue what the setup behind the intake connector will look like. If the inlay has some sort of sink with drainpipe installed, I should be good buying and installing the cover as long as the mounting was designed to take it. Otherwise I will CNC a wooden side panel that harmonises with other parts I plan to make.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of these pictures were and probably still are published on accessible websites or on the Ineos website itself. I think DCPU saved them on his computer. (y)
The amount of information out there is incredible. Rumour has it that the Chinese have already started deliveries of their version of the Grenadier. 😂😂

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The amount of information out there is incredible. Rumour has it that the Chinese have already started deliveries of their version of the Grenadier. 😂😂
made by the Chinese United National Trucking Co.

or as Jean likes abbreviations so much;

C.U.N.T Co

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it's good enough for Nigerians ... well, enough said. My uncle is a Nigerian Prince, but is oddly cashed strapped - he calls sometimes.
Seems there’s a few Nigerian Princes around. I know one and he’s definitely not cash strapped 😎

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
made by the Chinese United National Trucking Co.

or as Jean likes abbreviations so much;

C.U.N.T Co
The Chinese seem to struggle with naming these vehicles... BAIC BJ80... what a mouthful!

Can't wait for the C.U.N.T.co BJ 2 N1TE

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Send him my bank account number: 1-900-909-5333
Sorry mate I’m first in the queue and want to keep him onside as a useful contact for when a travel through Nigeria. When travelling through such countries good contacts are a great trick to have up you’re sleeve 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom