The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

REMOVAL OF THE HUMP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Exactly, each to their own. I agree, you need a foot rest........all I was saying is that the covering could have been conformal hence reducing the bump.
Jerry. Do you have your Grenadier as yet? I know you have driven your friends one but was it for long enough to sort of ‘forget’ about the foot rest?
I’m with you in that if there was a reasonably price mod’ I might try it. But there again, if messing with the ergonomics, would it end up being more uncomfortable. Will give you a better idea following my planned very long day in the driving seat.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Jerry. Do you have your Grenadier as yet? I know you have driven your friends one but was it for long enough to sort of ‘forget’ about the foot rest?
I’m with you in that if there was a reasonably price mod’ I might try it. But there again, if messing with the ergonomics, would it end up being more uncomfortable. Will give you a better idea following my planned very long day in the driving seat.
Wires crossed I think. I don't have a friend with one. Had ours for nearly 10 days, and our longest journey was today hence my comment. Be interesting to see how you get on.

10 days in - I reckon if I had the carpeted version it would be more comfortable.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wires crossed I think. I don't have a friend with one. Had ours for nearly 10 days, and our longest journey was today hence my comment. Be interesting to see how you get on.

10 days in - I reckon if I had the carpeted version it would be more comfortable.
I opted for carpets but after some month's, Ineos took them off the options list for the SW. Will be looking to see if Ineos sell carpets at a reasonable price or if I should go to a local upholsterer.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I drove the PT02 three times in total. I never found a truly comfortable resting position for the RHD footwell. It was odd and remained odd at all times - I have never driven a vehicle with a footrest that sits approximately 90mm forward of the throttle pivot point... I am however hoping the car is too good and I can turn a blind eye to the footrest. Enough people have raised concerns including 8 or 9 of the UK test drivers... but here some short and some tall seem to find it is ok so that is positive for all of us! Then again, I can do 600-800kms a week easily and most people in the UK simply do not drive as much as us Aussies and long stints are far less frequent over in the little Island.

Back
Top Bottom