The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Remote vehicle diagnostics

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Does the Grenadier support Remote vehicle diagnostics.

This is new to me but apparently, I am told, many manufacturers have direct access via internet services into a vehicle ECU's and can interrogate the vehicles status and fault codes remotely.

My questions
1. If the Grenadier supports this latest technology and I have recollection's in early press releases some sort of mention boasting assistance would be available for "remote travellers", if they have this technology why is it not being utilised?
2. Technically if Ineos can interrogate software could it not also be possible to upload fixes and resets remotely also?

Their are some very qualified technical contributors on the forum your thoughts would be appreciated.

davo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't believe the Grenadier had an Over the Air capable module. So you probably cant do anything without plugging in to the On Board Diagnostics port.

It does have at least 2 gateway control modules and one OBDII module (4 fuses powering those in the various fuse boxes) - I would love to know the capabilities of those and the layout of various CANbus networks - but I don't have a car (yet) to investigate and seems like no one has access to the promised service manual yet either.

Local time
Reaction score
The last thing I would want is the vehicle to be connected remotely. Vehicles now have the potential to store a lot of data in each module. Works well with fleets and rental equipment but can be used two ways. To receive vehicle data and can also be used to change parameters between ignition cycles. Helpful for repairs but can become intrusive for those who like a bit of privacy.
Have a look at some of the new legislation the US has quietly approved and the UK and Europe are considering where this will allow authorities to limit the vehicles or shut them down with the same system that shares the diagnostics. There will also be an associated subscription fee and user agreements for the systems.

Back
Top Bottom