The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Remote key functions

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
I was interested to know what the difference is between pressing the lock button once and pressing it twice?
Pressing it twice seems to cancel the headlights from staying on but I am not sure of what it is meant to do?
I can't see anything in the manual referring to a double press on locking. Thanks

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
I was interested to know what the difference is between pressing the lock button once and pressing it twice?
Pressing it twice seems to cancel the headlights from staying on but I am not sure of what it is meant to do?
I can't see anything in the manual referring to a double press on locking. Thanks
Yes, somebody mentioned this on the forum some time ago. In my experience it only does that: lights off at once, nothing more. But perhaps we should ask customer support, they have always very funny answers, like "ask your dealer", our "or technical team says it is designed as described in the manual" :devilish:

Vote:
Upvote 0

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, somebody mentioned this on the forum some time ago. In my experience it only does that: lights off at once, nothing more. But perhaps we should ask customer support, they have always very funny answers, like "ask your dealer", our "or technical team says it is designed as described in the manual" :devilish:
I am not sure my dealer will be much use as unfortunately they don't respond to my emails.

Vote:
Upvote 0

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
when I unlock, only the driver’s door opens. A second push is required for the rest of the car, and not too quickly. It’s irritating.
there is an option in the settings for this, but it is greyed out, so I cannot de-select it.
does anyone else have this problem?

Vote:
Upvote 0

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
when I unlock, only the driver’s door opens. A second push is required for the rest of the car, and not too quickly. It’s irritating.
there is an option in the settings for this, but it is greyed out, so I cannot de-select it.
does anyone else have this problem?
Correct.

Settings-vehicle functions has the locking choices of either driver only or all doors (including rear small door).

Driver only means you need to unlock twice.

I can choose either.

You must have a software glitch if the choice is greyed out.

Also - when locking the car the parking lights stay on for the predetermined time or if you lock twice these lights go off immediately.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Correct.

Settings-vehicle functions has the locking choices of either driver only or all doors (including rear small door).

Driver only means you need to unlock twice.

I can choose either.

You must have a software glitch if the choice is greyed out.

Also - when locking the car the parking lights stay on for the predetermined time or if you lock twice these lights go off immediately.
That's a pretty common feature on many cars over the last 10+ years.
Only unlocking the drivers door stops hiding criminals from jumping in the other doors.

Vote:
Upvote 0

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
In most of my vehicles, I have found that when you press the locked button twice it sets the alarm and puts the vehicle in sleep mode to conserve battery. If you press once the vehicle is locked but the interior sensors are still on. The vehicle is still awake and will be for several days before going into sleep mode. An example between lock vs double lock. Let say you have your dog in back( with windows cracked) and you are running in to grab something. You press the door once to lock and keep the interior sensors off. If you double lock it, the dogs will set off the alarm. One last thing, if you double lock it, you are not able to open the doors from the inside.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In most of my vehicles, I have found that when you press the locked button twice it sets the alarm and puts the vehicle in sleep mode to conserve battery. If you press once the vehicle is locked but the interior sensors are still on. The vehicle is still awake and will be for several days before going into sleep mode. An example between lock vs double lock. Let say you have your dog in back( with windows cracked) and you are running in to grab something. You press the door once to lock and keep the interior sensors off. If you double lock it, the dogs will set off the alarm. One last thing, if you double lock it, you are not able to open the doors from the inside.
As L/R Discovery 4

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pressing the Ineos logo seems to sound the horn for a couple of seconds. What’s that for? To scare people away from the car as you sip cocktails on your veranda??

Vote:
Upvote 0

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
Taking a stab in dark. The IG is in parking garage and you give your keys to significant other or kids because you need to finish something. They use the button to find the IG

Vote:
Upvote 0

oliverwood

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's a personal "Distress" alarm.... IIRC was requested by the African market. It certainly causes neighbour distress at 2am when accidentally activated..... don't ask!! :rolleyes:
As I found out at 5 am when setting off to work it got pressed by accident. Nice idea though to attract attention if some tracksuit-wearing scroat (which there are a lot of in the UK) decided to bother you.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom