The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear side panels PTO2-057

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
Photo was of a PTO series, so this wasn't hand-built but rather a production line version.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
Most of the welds in the production videos look like they are done by robots, you would think they could be done more precisely?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of the welds in the production videos look like they are done by robots, you would think they could be done more precisely?
Might be an exceptional process for those panels, as they’ll be in the minority in terms of total production.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
The important thing is that the spot welds fulfil their function. The appearance is secondary for me. It doesn't look any better on the Defender. That has never bothered me.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
The welding spots are not a flaw. They are a feature: they make the ute look like a ute.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just curious if this did improve on production models? Doesn't affect me as I have windows but for others out there...

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just curious if this did improve on production models? Doesn't affect me as I have windows but for others out there...
Attached is a photo I just took. There are no stains or discolourations at the top and bottom, only reflections in the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2210.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 36

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Attached is a photo I just took. There are no stains or discolourations at the top and bottom, only reflections in the photo.
seem to me the welds are more uniform and aligned than the PT models I have seen.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
seem to me the welds are more uniform and aligned than the PT models I have seen.
Yes, you are right. They don't bother me at all. And what pleases me most is that my family definitely preferred the side panels to the windows. They helped configure the vehicle for me.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, you are right. They don't bother me at all. And what pleases me most is that my family definitely preferred the side panels to the windows. They helped configure the vehicle for me.
Glad to hear it, I too have optioned the side panels. Will suit my purposes better than windows. Perhaps I'll change to gullwing types later, in which case windows may have been better to begin with but who knows when they might be available.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone given thought to lining the interior of the panels? I was thinking a layer of auto sound deadener covered with stretch carpet?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone given thought to lining the interior of the panels? I was thinking a layer of auto sound deadener covered with stretch carpet?
I think it comes with an acoustic tile… I was thinking to mount a home for a StarLink on one side… not sure what form that will take yet. The other side might be a home for a 2000W inverter and some related 12V gubbins.

Back
Top Bottom