The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Rear Seats

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
As there are no fundimental structural differences, it will be possible, BUT ordering and paying for all the parts will be a time and wallet ripping experience. Sometime in Q1 2024 we are supposed to get a parts ordering facility online.

You might crash into some licensing issues as well, certainly in the UK you change road tax classes as well.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Is it possible to upgrade a 2 seater into a 5 seater
yes, the two seater was able to be optioned as a 5 seater on the configurator. Contact the team at Ignition and see if they can give you a price.
@Jeremy996 ...for info ..there are no complicated tax/ speed limit issues in Aus. as there are in the UK between private and commercial vehicles. Installing the optional seat which has been engineered for the vehicle is quite straightforward. It may need to be communicated to the insurance company however.

Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
yes, the two seater was able to be optioned as a 5 seater on the configurator. Contact the team at Ignition and see if they can give you a price.
@Jeremy996 ...for info ..there are no complicated tax/ speed limit issues in Aus. as there are in the UK between private and commercial vehicles. Installing the optional seat which has been engineered for the vehicle is quite straightforward. It may need to be communicated to the insurance company however.
Thank you

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For expedition travel for longer distances with more gear to carry, we plan to remove the rear seats temporarily (keeping the factory seat mounting).
I've measured up now selecting a sutiable material to cover and hinge to provide access to the electrics. Then cover with rubber and mount the rail for strapping down the load. This is the simplest solution along with mounting options for the factory cargo barrier for cargo together with the rear load area drawers etc. provides the flexibilty.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
For expedition travel for longer distances with more gear to carry, we plan to remove the rear seats temporarily (keeping the factory seat mounting).
I've measured up now selecting a sutiable material to cover and hinge to provide access to the electrics. Then cover with rubber and mount the rail for strapping down the load. This is the simplest solution along with mounting options for the factory cargo barrier for cargo together with the rear load area drawers etc. provides the flexibilty.
I too have looked at this, let me know your thoughts as from what I can see removing the seats leaves you with a center support and no side supports to make a shelf/box with. I do have an idea for the cargo barrier to move it forward, this would involve metal rods attached to the bottom of the barrier and attached to the tie loop below the C pillar on the sill.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I sincerely suggest you research the "factory cargo barrier" before you make your changes. I can't say any more.

Back
Top Bottom