The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear seat backrest and bike transport.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
Studying an anchoring system for two bicycles to be transported in the boot of the Grenadier, and checking the measurements of both the bikes and the boot, I came to the conclusion that the best geometry should be with the forks of the bikes (without the front wheels) fixed to the special thru-pin blocks anchored to rear panel of reclining rear seats. The fork blocks could be bolted to a rail similar to the one stock on the Grenadier. Do you think the rear seat back panel is strong enough to anchor a standard rail to it? If not, any suggestions to strengthen it?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
I think there’s already a bike carrying thread and I remember posting a photo of an example front fork anchor. Might be better to find & post this question there so others who’ve posted get alerted to your query.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
IMG_1116.jpeg
This is the sort of thing I was proposing. For a lightweight carbon bike with a bit of lateral strapping from the frame to the side tie downs, I don’t think the loads on the plastic seat back would be too great.

Back
Top Bottom