The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Random thoughts?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
This could fly over like a lead balloon, but in a similar line to the joke thread, how about a place for some random thoughts, observations, whatever? Dumb idea? Good idea, dumb name?
Again, no politics, religion, or the dreaded "is a hotdog a sandwich" debate.

I'll start - I reached 2,300 reaction points - @DaveB - you're the first in my list of Thank Yous! I'm writing the speech now.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
I doubt anyone would like to hear the thoughts I have in the shower.

Congrats on the reaction score and to DaveB for all the assists

Local time
Reaction score
A dumb idea: As anyone thought about potentially getting a HUD for their Grenadier? Although speed is not a concern when you are doing off-road, i don't like the idea of looking on a center screen to see how fast i am driving in a 30 km/h or 50km/h zone. (taking my eyes off the road for even a few seconds is not a good idea). I was wondering if potentially i should get a simple HUD display that simply lies on the dash to let me know how fast i am going.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Several of us have discussed HUD units and I forsee installing one (although North America has a long wait). I do not know much about them but this company HUDWAY caught my eye.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There must be an App for your phone that pings whenever you reach a set speed. The nav system in the wife's car tells me all the time, " you are exceeding the speed limit", bloody annoying.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There must be an App for your phone that pings whenever you reach a set speed. The nav system in the wife's car tells me all the time, " you are exceeding the speed limit", bloody annoying.
My wife does a fine job of that all by herself, and it's my car!

I like the look of that HUD Stu, not bad at $280 if it works well and can be situated correctly

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, I'll be exceeding the speed limit. Just need to know by how much. 😆

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
A dumb idea: As anyone thought about potentially getting a HUD for their Grenadier? Although speed is not a concern when you are doing off-road, i don't like the idea of looking on a center screen to see how fast i am driving in a 30 km/h or 50km/h zone. (taking my eyes off the road for even a few seconds is not a good idea). I was wondering if potentially i should get a simple HUD display that simply lies on the dash to let me know how fast i am going.
For me, a small red LED on the dashboard to indicate "too fast" would suffice.
And the "too fast" trigger should be configurable, e.g. like

Code:
if (speed >= speedlimit + 5 kmh + MAX(3 kmh , 3% of speedlimit))
  LED(ON);   
else
  LED(OFF);

That's basically the German formula to trigger a radar trap.

Only possible in cars which know the current speed limit, of course. So no option for the Grenadier.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
As annoying as it is and I dont use it, the New Defender gives you the ability to put a limit on how fast you drive. You press a button like cruise control at the speed you want to lock in. once it's set, no matter how hard you press on the throttle, you won't go over the set limit.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
This could fly over like a lead balloon, but in a similar line to the joke thread, how about a place for some random thoughts, observations, whatever? Dumb idea? Good idea, dumb name?
Again, no politics, religion, or the dreaded "is a hotdog a sandwich" debate.

I'll start - I reached 2,300 reaction points - @DaveB - you're the first in my list of Thank Yous! I'm writing the speech now.
1674496110832.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I posted a thread on HUD's a while ago

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As annoying as it is and I dont use it, the New Defender gives you the ability to put a limit on how fast you drive. You press a button like cruise control at the speed you want to lock in. once it's set, no matter how hard you press on the throttle, you won't go over the set limit.
My mercedes has the ability to put a maximum speed lock on, controlled by a pin.
It is recommended for use when valet parking or when loaning the vehicle to a restricted driver

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I envisage scenario where you think 'I've just got enough time to blast past this tractor before that lorry comes down the road' all is well until you put your foot down and it stops accelerating when you least need it!

No tks to that gizmo.

Back
Top Bottom